Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
00 obs-t
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INTRO
Hey everyone names Scott been coming to this site for info and decided it was time to make an account. From Denver, CO and I drive a 2000 OBS-T.

Mods

Engine:
DIY turbo kit
TD04 turbo 04 forester
Forester TMIC
V2-5 Voltage clamp
Vortech FMU
Subachad up and down pipe
Walbro 255

Attachments

·
Registered
00 obs-t
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ej22/ej251

any thoughts on the ej22 block ej251 heads hybrid motor. need to pull the heads off to servive and replace valve stem seals but contemplating picking up some ej251 heads for cheap for a reliable turbo build. main thing im worried about is map sensor readings although there both phase 2 heads that have identical intake manifolds. also headgaskets, gonna use ej22 head gaskets but should i use the thickness of the ej251 headgaskets.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Your only benefit from that head swap would be dual port exhaust, there is no compression change. The ej251 and ej222 heads have the same combustion chamber size.

·
Registered
00 obs-t
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any suggestions on how to raise boost without doing a motor swap then. i was hopeing to configure ej25 heads on to lower compression but that plan has gone south. any idea if the ej25d heads would work on a p2 ej22. From what i understand that would only work on the p1 ej22 also.

·
Registered
386 Posts
25d heads will bolt up, and raise compression because of their 46.6cc chambers. So that again isn't what you want to do, not to mention the other problems that would entail going into a phase 2 car.

You could change out your pistons, phase 1 ej22 pistons will fit in your motor, and would drop your compression nicely.

·
Registered
00 obs-t
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help, gonna be pulling the heads off in the next couple of days gonna look into p1 ej22 pistons, and may just rebuild the block as well.

·
Registered
99 OBS
276 Posts
Nice ride, I'm about to run the same setup as you. How has your car ran, do you have a wideband?

·
Registered
00 obs-t
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
car runs great i would definitly reccomend it, been turbod for about 5k miles no problem.. at the moment no wideband i have a vortech fmu to handle the fuel and at the moment im pushing 5psi no problem, about to jump up to about 7-8psi soon as i get the wastegate spring.

·
Registered
99 OBS
276 Posts
car runs great i would definitly reccomend it, been turbod for about 5k miles no problem.. at the moment no wideband i have a vortech fmu to handle the fuel and at the moment im pushing 5psi no problem, about to jump up to about 7-8psi soon as i get the wastegate spring.
Cool man, thanks for the feedback, I've got nearly all my parts now, just waiting on the up pipe by subachad, and a couple small parts bolts/gaskets etc.

So you have no idea of how rich or lean you're running? Scary no? I'd suggest a wideband, for $150 it could very well save your motor.

·
Registered
00 obs-t
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive been meaning to get it on a dyno and do alittle fine tuning just waiting for funds. as far as the smoking i believe ive solved the problem. alittle kink in my return line and the direction of flow caused back pressure and oil to leak pass the seals in my turbo. after rerouting the return line ive yet to see blue smoke but then again its antartic weather here in denver and every car seems as if there smoking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts