Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to HondaH8er!

I don't normally like animated graphics on my web sites, but this one was so cool - with the little RS driving by! :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
love the little animation. so different and alive!:biggest:

silver is the best:p

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Horray for me!!:D I was just going to try to grab a screen shot from the vid, but it wasn't good enough quality. And besides, what's better than a Subaru zooming through the dirt? Thanks, James! Perfect present for my first day at the new job!:D

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
What I meant was that you said "web siteS", as if you have a plethora of them! :D

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I do - I am running something like 8 different web sites off this server. :D

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
Knock it off, you guys! No posting in here unless it's about me or my car!:p

·
Registered
42 Posts
HondaH8er,
G'day neighbor, glad to see a fellow PDXer.
I'm trying to place the background scenery,
that's not at the Oregon Trail Rally by chance, is it ???
Congrats, Ken

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
Dr Ken said:
HondaH8er,
G'day neighbor, glad to see a fellow PDXer.
I'm trying to place the background scenery,
that's not at the Oregon Trail Rally by chance, is it ???
Congrats, Ken
Hi, Dr Ken! Nope, that was taken almost a year ago on some logging roads up in Couger, WA. I don't remember any of the street names for how to get out there, but I'm sure I could find it again. I have some other still pics taken in the same place. This pic was actually taken in the same place as the video, just looking the other way while we were scouting out the shot. Really nice views up there, and good dirt, too, I'll try to find directions.

Attachments

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
Well, went over to I-Club, ran a search, and found where I posted directions up to there on 6/4/01! So, here they are:

I-5 North to Exit 21 (Hwy. 503 Woodland/Cougar), head East on 503. The light at the offramp is where I started the trip meter for the following milages. Go 4.9 miles, then left on Little Kalama River Rd (just past little bridge, sneaks up on you) Then go 2.6 miles (7.5 from offramp) till you get to a triple-y intersection. Go right on Aho Carson Road (kinda hard to see the sign. Just follow this, and the pavement ends and turns into gravel. Not long after that, you pass a house, and they have a dog that runs out to the car. My friend says don't stop or slow down, he's not too nice. Just past the house, the logging trails (and the fun!) start. From there, just go where you want, there are several trails to run on, and they're all pretty fun, plus the views are killer!

·
Registered
42 Posts
GroOoOovy, I see it on my trusty topomap. A radio tower sit atop the hill, further suggesting a billiant view. Picture looks great. Me thinks I must look into getting up thar. I'll take the GPS to get co-ords, it'd be fun doing a bit of subie-orienteering :cool:
Thanks for the site.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
10th Warrior said:

no wonder this place is always so slow :p
Oh man, dogging on me and my setup. It's not THAT slow, is it? I see uploads at 600+ kb on a frequent basis. I don't see how THAT is slow... so there! :p

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Knock it off, you guys! No posting in here unless it's about me or my car!
:p James started it! I was just asking a reasonable question! Hey James, what other kind of sites do you have? :p :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts