Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Adam, are you running a Legacy setup on the car? Thats what I read but I couldn't be sure. What I mean is Legacy up/down pipes, turbo, that whole lot?

Engine management?

Your car is sick man. That superfluous FMIC just screams, "Don't even try!"

Graham

·
Registered
852 Posts
If no engine management, then I assume that you are using a RRFPR or S-AFC? I am asking since my Legacy Turbo setup goes on in about a week and I am curious as to what other people with the same setup are running.

How much boost?

I *heard that you were dipping into the 12's with your car, is this hogwash or is this the truth Adam?

Graham

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, as Scooby of the Week you are obliged to answer all of our questions. I'm getting ready to do the same thing, so please be detailed! :biggest:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey I keep posting but my amount of posts doesn't change! Why not?
Anyways...I am running a Vortech RRFPR 4:1, S-AFCs dont work on 2000 RSs.
I am running 5-7 psi. I have never ran my car in the 1/4 mile since I went turbo. That is hogwash, but 11 second times will be in order after my 2.2 block, 2.5 B-spec heads, dog-box, and ECU go in. For now until April 13th I will only be working on looks to prepare my car for Hot Import Nights.i.e:
-STI side sills
-STI Gas Cap
-Locking Gas Cap
- Version 5 rear bumper cover
-Carbon hood scoop
etc

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is a very nicely done car. Do you have anything to protect the IC from road debris? I've noticed the same post counting problem the last few times. What's up?
tasteycow

edit: so naturally this post gets counted!

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Post count doesn't go up in the Muffler Bearings section, but should in all others.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Adam, wouldn't you feel safer on a 6:1? I have the Vortech Recalibraion kit w/4:1, 6:1, and 8:1. I think at first I am gonna run the 6:1 plate just to make sure cylinder #3 gets enough fuel. The day the kit goes on its going on a Wideband 02 dyno, so i'll know exactly where I'm rich and lean. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Any times to share?

Graham

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am running a 4:1 beacuase many people have said that the 6:1 gives too much Fuel Pressure. Also the 4:1 brings the stock injectors right to the bring of their duty cycle. If you have aftermarket Injectors and and aftermarket fuel pump and aftermarket fuel rails, then the 6: 1 may do the trick....i don't know! Mine is only temporary until i get my EM.
No times yet. Not until i have an unbreakable tranny, block, heads, and new ECU! I am still to go full throttle, I dont want to break something and then have to shell out! I would rather replace stuff before it breaks so my car will not have to be out of order for a long time!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think you stuck in the middle of no where...

Sorry Adam, Maybe i'm just too pickie...but what i think you Over kill the look on our impreza...
i think is basically on the big foglight style that we got on the GC8.. maybe thats why it makes the looks 1 of a kind.
i mean even the new WRX had the same focus on the foglight too! So if i were you, i were try to figure out! how can i set up a nice clean look with the foglight on...
or maybe if you hate the look on the big foglights, maybe go all the way to GT style! since you have the front intercooler...
samiliar to this one...but don't take my word for it, just wants to share a little idea for your future Show? ;)

by the way! you needs a front badge as well!
You Know REPRESENT :D

Peace Guys

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts