Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS ej20g swap
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dontcha just love how bad things come at even worse times? I recently found out my headgasket was going from my overheating issues, and luckily its going at the absolute worst time financially for me! So Idid this BARS headgasket fix goo shit.. which is exactly what it is.. shit. It worked for me for about a week, no overheating issues at all.. and I get back from playing pool tonight to a nice temp gauge with a big boner. I pop the hood and the coolant in my reserve is boiling... I suppose my headgasket is good and blown.
I have been saving for my swap for awhile now, but not anywhere close to what I need to be, and this was pretty much my only source of transportation other than bumming rides when i can get lucky. Any words of inspiration from others on here would be much appreciated..thanx.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,079 Posts
are you going to try and fix it? if you're going to be doing the swap yourself i'm sure you'd know how to replace a head gasket and could do it in a weekend??????

other than that....i'm sorry. if you were in WA i would offer you a ride.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just curious as to why is it overheating? Do you have many mods? I have a 2.2L and havent noticed it running hot yet but its a w/e car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts