Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all, im new on the Rs scene as ive been bringing back to life an old Rs that was left to retire and in a back of a shed with no haert beat and in pieces. Its my first project car and been an experience teaching myself about subarus. I was thinking of buying myself a scanner tool to help me along and was wondering wich scanner tool would be best compatible with a 2003 rs, something im not too familiar with at the moment. Kind regards photo of project coming along.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
431 Posts
Any of them will work. You can get one on amazon for like $15. This is mostly a US forum so any brands we recommend may not be available in your country anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately you are right, I went and found a scanner tool but wouldn't work with my car. After a bit of asking around I found out that in australia we got the Japanese imports where the tool ill need is a "subaru ssm3 tool". In the states they regulated the ecu to be compliant with us standards.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L wagon, EJ25D swap
86 Posts
I used to have a scanner tool but I found something much better, its called an "Ultra Gauge" its a scan tool that you leave connected all the time and displays live data. You can configure the screen to show I think up to 8 different "gauges" at once. It is very very useful for diagnosing issues as you can monitor almost every sensor on the car. I would HIGHLY recommend. The only thing that it does not do is show readiness monitors but other than that, this thing is amazing. Here's the link: UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool and Information Center
Also don't get the bluetooth / phone version, I've heard there is a considerable delay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts