Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been getting a couple of consistent codes from my ecm. misfire #4 and the infamous po420. I heard you should deal with the problems in the order they show up. (is this true?) I should let yall know that the car runs and drives fine. I changed the spark plug and wire from #4 and #2, codes erased, same results. I changed #4 and #2 injectors, code erased, and light came back on right when I got home so I haven't had it checked for a change. I stopped by autozone today (before the the light came on) and got somebody that knew how to work the scan tool. I wrote down the results that I thought would be of use.

2000 2.5rs 144000 miles stock everything

what do these mean, good or bad

o2s11 - 1.550v this one stayed right at this voltage, the hundredth and thousandth is the only digits that move

o2s12 - .3 to .800 flucuation

EQ ratio - 1.000 stayed here the whole time.

all this info was taken at idle and in closed loop.

are my o2 sensors bad, cat bad, nothin wrong or what?

I need to diagnose this before I put my aftermarket exhaust on. which consist of header, high flow cat and cat back exhaust so I know I will get the po420 with that setup.

I think that covers it. Any useful info is appreciated, thanks

sorry I guess I clicked on the wrong area, I have reposted in the ecu area, please delete this one

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's always number 4, but I never here it or feel it. The car runs fine. I found that it has the wrong spark plugs in it. Got the right ones in it know and i'm gonna go get more readings. The autopart stores list the wrong plug. They say to use a 3 heat rating when the car needs a 6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts