Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw the space shuttle today

It was my first time seeing a launch up close and man that was awesome! I was hoping for a night launch but it ended up going up at 7:38pm, but I'll take what I can get. There must have been thousands and thousands of people.

Cell phone pics

My gf's camera

Traffic was sick after the launch!

Random cool pictures

I about shit myself, *reminder never to speed near Cocoa Beach or race Mach1 Mustang*

We shot a video with her digital camera, so if you've never seen one at least you can get a feel for what it's like. I'll post it as soon as YouTube approves it.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I got to see that back when I was 6; we just happened to be on vacation down there when there was a launch. To this day, it's the coolest thing I've ever seen humans do.

·
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS, 1999RS
983 Posts
I saw one in 88-89. I was like 12 or 13. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I was amazed how loud it was and how it took forever for the sound and shock waves to reach us.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5RxA8ABQWQ

I have to admit it was one of the coolest feelings ever when the rumble started to come through (you can't really hear it on the video), because everyone started yelling and clapping. One of those times when it feels like everyone comes together... AMERICA FUCK YA!

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Major Johnson said:
I about shit myself, *reminder never to speed near Cocoa Beach or race Mach1 Mustang*
:bump:

My dad was so nervous about that launch, we ahd to go stay in our condo in Cocoa for a week while he worked at the launch site control center.

And yea... Cocoa does have some odd police vehicles... like a H3 wit spinners, exhaust, and stereo system haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts