Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this '97 in Jacksonville FL,a load of rubbish,didn't start,automatic,the inside looked like it had been used as a rubbish bin for a year or two.It was cheap and it had very little rust.I want to get back into autox and take it to deal's gap.

cut the bumper beam's.

remove cracked glass.

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
Wow, can't wait to see where you go with this. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2.2 single hole head is F/S $200,come and get it.

automatic awd tranny F/S $100.

gettin' ready for the body shop

At the body shop.

my friend is gettin' his GTI done at the same shop.

back at my shop
removin' drum brakes and open diff'

It roll's but it's no where near done.

·
Premium Baller
94 WRX, '11 R6 race bike
5,738 Posts
damn dude that was fast. This is going to be an awesome project.

what do you plan to put in it?

·
Banned
SUBARUS
971 Posts
Looking good Alan!

When we going to hit up the Dragon again? Did you go to the one in May? I was saying we should do one late November or early December. Told Matt that he should set it up again, haha.

<-------------- = Billy

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Seeing pictures like that make me wish I had the space to do it in. Properly. I'd have to turn the car sideways to really have the room, and that would probably displace the two motorcycles, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Looks good. Can't wait to see the finished results.

·
mix and match..:)
MY99 GF4 Ver6 Re-creation
840 Posts
nice.....Jacksonville??? didn't see that car listed anywheres...future plans??? besides autocross???? Turbo like the Gulf Impreza.;)

Bill

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
You work very fast and must have the money for all this work being done I wish I could get my exterior redone painted and restored in it's stock RBP color. This looks like an interesting project. Subscribed!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's the finished product, bought it off Alan since I missed my old '94 & so he could bring the Gulf Impreza back to life, will be continuing the project...

Everything down to the steering wheel is JDM '97 V4 specific. Engine is a stock 2.2, lightened flywheel, straight through exhaust, wherever unnecessary weight could be removed, it was removed, wherever lightweight stuff could be used, it was. Reliability, efficiency & handling were the main concerns; runs like a top, telepathic handling/brakes, gets a shade under 30mpg on the road, though earplugs are a must on long trips. :lol:

Everyone on NASIOC is screaming "SWAP IT!" but for now I'm just shoring up the rest of the chassis, got a carbon STi front tower brace on the way, looking for a Cusco v-brace for the rear that won't cost texa$, may fab up an intake for it, or see if I can pull off a Perrin lightweight pulley without tripping any idle CEL's. It's quick enough as-is right now due to the total lack of weight, and 2.2's are pretty much unbreakable, so I'm not too tempted to mess with it right now.

It will definitely be up at the dragon this year though.

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Car looks awesome!! But the 2.2 is probably screaming for a snail!

·
Registered
35 Posts
So a couple weeks ago, some 'tard working for the city poked a hole in my trunk with a Bobcat forklift. :bonk:

A couple weeks in the body shop (the rear unibody in the trunk floor got pinched, had to fight like hell to keep insurance from wanting to total it), got it back Friday and shined it all up, and it's like it never happened.

Also saved a set of MY98 goldies from getting powdercoated this morning, and swapped them for my black ones... :screwy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts