Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'05 LGT / '06 STi
539 Posts
I think it had to do with the "go f--k yourself" comment that he made. I was unhappy with Alex's attitude as well, but that was a sure fire way to be put in the kiddies room.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I still like the i-club but after the WRX came out the whole place exploded and completely changed. Kinda sad. Theres only a few fourms that I go to anymore.:(
Ben

·
Registered
392 Posts
imprezar hasn't been the same since he sold his rs. I've noticed that he's been more of a spot light guy with the wrx and all his million dollar carbon fiber trunks. Even with the pics he took for the magazine a while back he started to change.. i don't know i've only been on i-club for a year or two.. I like the old alex and how he was always trying DIY mods. not going to find the most expensive body kits and mods that none of us with out hijacking a couple armored money carriers could do. Just my opinion..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yep.

Basically.

I-club is now the WRX haven. If you mention anything that isn't directly related to a WRX you are told to do a "search". And then flamed and told to buy a WRX.

Blah.

Great fun.

Digital

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just think it's funny how Alex bitched at people who said all the stickies in the Motorsports forum were ugly and then he went and changed them anyway. All that confrontation would have never happened if he would have just taken peoples advise in the first place and changed the stickies into one post right off the bat. Instead, he had to assert his status and yell at people for wanting a cleaner forum, and then he proceded to do what people wanted in the first place! Can you say hypocrit? Maybe one day he will learn that other peoples idea can be usefull. Thank god Nick is there to keep things semi-sane.

Eric

H

·
0 Posts
In all fairness, 10th warrior was being somewhat of a dick. Those polls were posted to gather information, and he was posting flippant and obnoxious answers. Representatives from SOA do read the board, and something of that nature is very persuasive to bureaucrats trying to make a decision. So if there is somebody posting obnoxious stuff in there, it makes the information less useful because either the info has to be edited (and it loses credibility when you do that) or it just loses its purity and impact when it is spoiled with mindless drivel.

But that's my opinion. I apparently share it with other people. This is actually the first I have read of the polls. I don't frequent the motorsports forum. I did see the "free 10th warrior" thread and I posted my thoughts in there on that matter. I'm not interested in dragging any more i-club hostility over to this place.

·
Registered
392 Posts
yeah i'll agree a little to what you said but you need to remember the site is not there for us to inform SOA of anything it's there for us to talk about things that affect us and are important to us and if SOA does look on the board then so be it but they shouldn't expect anything better than a clubsi atmosphere.

my motto..

never expect just react.

:sunny:

H

·
0 Posts
Understood. :)

I consider threads that are purposefully intended for the eyes of SOA reps to be a bit more on the coat & tie side of the club, everybody minding their manners & being respectful. Who knows what that info could be used for. If the impact is great enough, SOA may decide to dump more money into the SCCA Pro-rally series, or maybe even get SoJ/FHI to pressure the FIA into getting involved with rallies here in the States. I'd love to see WRC action in this country. I'd also like more alternatives to NASCAR. Get SOA involved in touring car series and have them channel money into it. If there was more interest in these other forms of motorsports, we would be subjected to 45 hours of additional NASCAR coverage every week.

So why not do what we can to help it along? We have an AWESOME tool in the i-club. Where else can you get SOA management to listen to you? Individual requests are pretty much tossed in the trash. But if you get 4000 requests all together and present it to them, they'll listen.

Do you think Honda America pays any attention to anything going on over at clubsi? I doubt it. Why ruin a good thing?

·
Registered
392 Posts
you know really i don't want rally to come here.. I like how it's special over seas and not here.. Just like the WRX was to us before it came here. I don't ever want to see half the stuff from overseas here cuz it's america and we believe in the melting pot idea.. if it's different lets merge it with some of our stuff and then we'll accept it.. I like how rally is and i want it to stay that way.

when i said rally i meant FIA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts