Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
01 2.5 RS
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2001 2.5 RS that had a salvaged title. A friend fixed the damaged fender hood and front of the car. He got it certified and and registerd. It has 24,000 original miles. I payed 3,500. no frame damage you can not tell it was ever hit. I am going to do a sti swap. How much do you think the car was worth? about that? If I do the sti swap (engine and driveline) will I never get my money back if I sell it down the line with that savaged title? I think it would cut the value atleast in half right? It is completly legal now since he fixed it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2003 rs2.5 BRP
831 Posts
you're correct it cuts value, if you want to do this and take some sweat off the brow of a potential buyer, get pictures of the accident to show how minor it was, supposing it was a minor thrashing.

wewt 400th post!

·
Registered
01 2.5 RS
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it was a pretty minor accident. Do you have an idea of what the 01 I bought is worth? Great condition. Other then that title.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Salvage title means it's going to be very hard to make a profit on it. Generally speaking, I steer clear of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts