Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rally Hopeful
1997 L White - 2004 STi WRB
560 Posts
Yeah, but its a PITA! My car is an R title.

You have to do a lot of paperwork and then wait for the PA office to "OK" your car. It takes like 3-6 months for them to do that. AND thats if all your paper work is PERFECT, otherwise, resubmit!

BTW: what year is it?

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
for all the hassle it is to get the paper work done and shit.. id get him to drop the price theres no way in hell he paid almost 2 grand for an insurance buy back for an lgt( well if its 2000 and lower theres no way)

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
thats wierd. In indiana I just titled it. the bmv lady just walked out there and gave it a look over and was like ok its good to go. and I had my title and liscense that day :)
was it fixed prior to buyin it? and ur title transfer?

·
James incognito
Black 06 STi & 07 Wagon
324 Posts
I'd never buy a salvage vehicle. Too much risk and not enough resale value. You never know what could be wrong with the car. Flood damage? Expect all the electronics to go out in a month. Wrecked? Expect it to implode if you crash.

Your health is worth far more than risking your life on a car that could kill you unexpectedly.

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
was it fixed prior to buyin it? and ur title transfer?
Yes it was already fixed with a salvage title from texas, but it transfered over just fine.

The question asked was "how hard is it to title a salvage titled car" so im assuming the car already has a salvaged title. Not a clean title and a car that is wrecked but has not been salvaged yet. Thats a whole different beast im sure.

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
Yes it was already fixed with a salvage title from texas, but it transfered over just fine.

The question asked was "how hard is it to title a salvage titled car" so im assuming the car already has a salvaged title. Not a clean title and a car that is wrecked but has not been salvaged yet. Thats a whole different beast im sure.

good call my friend i need to read better lol.... if it isnt a salavage t already then its difficult if it is a salvage title then shit roll up on the bitch and snatch it up ...slaps some doors on and rool in a scoob

·
The Dash Flocker!
00 GF, 04 Jetta TDi
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Actually, my question was- can a car with a salvage title be REGISTERED in PA? It already has a title, I'm specifically referring to registering the vehicle.

I won't know too much about it till I go see it in person. The damage doesn't look bad in the pics, but you never know. It's a 2000.

·
Registered
2.5RS Rally Car
2,066 Posts
I'd never buy a salvage vehicle. Too much risk and not enough resale value. You never know what could be wrong with the car. Flood damage? Expect all the electronics to go out in a month. Wrecked? Expect it to implode if you crash.

Your health is worth far more than risking your life on a car that could kill you unexpectedly.
Depends on the damage IMO. Body work is expensive enough that perfectly good cars get totaled all the time. My old Corolla was "totaled" because it needed a new bumper cover and headlight... the metal was completely untouched on the car. The body shop put a complete repaint of the whole car, new headlights, hood...etc. on the quote for some reason, totaling in something ridiculous like $6k in repairs.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
^+1

I agree 100%. My car is a salvage, but it was only rear ended like felix's wagon (see image below) so it was just too expensive for them to repair so they totaled it, made for a cheap buy on my part :).

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts