Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody read this in the Salt Lake Area? Or am I the only Subaru enthusiest here? I doubt it. Lets get a busy thread going! I need something to do!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Salt Lake City, but in the winter, I work in Park city. What kind of Subie do you drive? Are there any fun dirt roads around around Kaysville to play on? I love the dirt! Kaysville is up by Layton right?

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
Yeah, just south of layton. I don't know of any dirt roads around, but during the snow kaysville has some damn fine sloping curves, but they are in residential areas. you get alot of bad looks if you get too agressive. I almost ended up in some guys front yard last year when I first bought my RS. but they are fun as hell if the roads are free of cars.:happynow:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I love the snow, I have gotten my share of looks too. Every driving enthusiest should experience snow and all-wheel drive, the thrill is awesome!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Im from Salt Lake! I actually live in Sandy (which is in Salt Lake) I love snow and dirt. Up here I live on the East side of Sandy. Alta Canyon is a badass place to dirt rally, and there are plenty of trails on your way up the two canyons (Little Cottonwood and Big cottonwood) nice mountain trails. I have a 2.5 RS-Turbo and I the hell out of my car. I destroy WRX's, I go out to the street legals at Rocky Mountain Race way a lot. I have A blue 2.5 RS-T with rally yellow subaru decals on the sides and on the hood. Also I have to add, I cant wait for Cobb Tunning to come here on Oct. 14th

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
:eek:
Sweet, I was wondering when they were moving up. That is gonna kick ass having them up here

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm from colorado...

but i'm coming out with I-club :run: for the COBB meet and run the auto-x the day after. its the weekend of 18-20. it would be awsome to meet some of the GC8's I will be in my white/grey OBS with WRX wheels. at the meet.

It would also be awsome to find some one near the ski area that would like to make some new friends :D so we can snowboard with a place to stay. becouse our snow sucks and utah is supose to be bad @$$:devil:

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you are talking about Utah and Bad ass you must be talking about our snow. Our snow kicks ass, snowboard season is finally here. I'm also excited to meet some other subaru enthusiest at the cobb meet.

2.5 RS-T!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used to live in Salt Lake (Murray ACtually) But I just recently moved back down to southern utah never got to do any Auto-x although i really wanted to there are quite a few good dirt roads where i live though :) i cracked my bumper on one of them a couple weeks ago actually :curse: the snow down here is bad ass i live about 20 minutes from a ski resort. havent been snowboarding yet but soon

·
Registered
150 Posts
Scueby2.5,
your going to be out at COBB, make sure to say hi to the confused looking kid in his White/grey outback sport with the wrx wheels and 2.5 rs bumper.

I want to make a trip out to utah to go boarding this year... we always go to jackson hole every year.

Erik S.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Flooredsubaru, I'll for sure look for you. You can't miss me I have the 4 door 2.5 RS-T with HUGE Yellow rally Subaru decals on the sides and on the hood, and a huge angled Apex exhaust. I'll have a friend or two with me in other Subarus, we'll come say whattup.

As for snowboarding, I live 4-8 minutes away from Brighton resort, Snowbird resort, Solitude resort, and Alta resort. I usually go to Brighton cause its the closest, good powder and cheaper. But Snowbird is badass if you have the money.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Scubey2.5,
I can't wait to see your ride i want a turbo Sooooooo Badly.

My Mom got her WRX yesterday and i drove that last night. :drool:
I have the coolest parents. all my friends are like why did your mom get such a fast car. I just reply well she drove corvetts before i was born and my dad who is a retired pro rally car driver convinsted how much better AWD is.

Now isn't that cool, sept my mom has a faster car then me.

I'm putting on my STI exsaust tonight!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
hehe, your mom's rollin in a wrx? hehe. My mom rolls in a slow ass new beetle, but it has chrome TSW rims on it, lol.

As for turbos, at the cobb meet, this guy might be auctioning off a turbo kit starting at $100 or something, i'm not exactly sure about all the details, i read something like that on i-club off of one of the threads in the rocky mountain section. someone mentioned your name when they were talking about who was going to the cobb meet too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeah i'm on the rocky moutain section of I-club i know alot of the guys. the guy with the turbo kit is larry he has a white rs-t that i absoultly love.

I'm driving out with him next friday nothing like 9 hours in your car flowing a bunch of subys.

·
Registered
151 Posts
you guys should give me a call when you get around here. My friends and I in Ifiel Project are making a street video of all of our cars. It would be badass to see some other subys (especially a tight Outback and an rs-t). We usually just cruise around lookin for races and other shit to mess around with while driving. We cruise around in my RS-T, another RS, Maxima, 3 Eclipses, 2 Talons, Supercharged SS Camaro, Supercharged Z28 Camaro Supra TT, and usually my friends RX-7 but its in the shop, and some other cars.

On the weekends were out racing. I would really like some footage of your cars though. Check out our web site at the street racing section, if I left out some of our cars. The web site just has a list of all of our cars, I'm too lazy to take pictures of everyone's cars and put them on the scanner. http://www.geocities.com/ifielproject/race.html

make sure u e-mail me though if you want to roll around with us this weekend. [email protected]

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
there is some good info on I-club about the cobb tuning meet if anyone is interested. event times and sponsors and stuff. possibly a run to nascart :happynow:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts