Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 944
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woot! Time to get her inspected! Couple of questions:

Did the version 3 STi come with a dimmer switch? I don't see one, but it's required for safety inspection.

They're supposed to reject my car if it came with an airbag but it doesn't currently have one--how do they know it came with one?

·
Registered
2001 RBP Subaru 2.5rs
862 Posts
they probably dont know. They're probably a bunch a douche's. Maybe have a system where the punch part numbers in and it gives info or something.

GL on the inspection.

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,884 Posts
Well you have three options.

1. Go to a different place late dont follow everylast rule in the book.

2. Dont get it inspected. You cant always get away with it in some states. I know in PA you only get fined when cought. In MD you get fined every day your over.

3. Get a different tag. Alot of states have different tags for all the normal stuff like classic and antique. Some for moded car. I know for a fact PA has a collectors tag. You dont need emissions inspection and safety inspection is different. You to have lights, brakes and tires to spec but I dont think thinks like airbags are needed. Sounds like you might want to see if you have any options like this in your state.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
kay95 said:
Alot of states have different tags for all the normal stuff like classic and antique. Some for moded car. I know for a fact PA has a collectors tag. You dont need emissions inspection and safety inspection is different. You to have lights, brakes and tires to spec but I dont think thinks like airbags are needed. Sounds like you might want to see if you have any options like this in your state.
Are you referring to vehicles under the title of "Specially Constructed"? Antique and classic car registrations are time-based, so the only real way to get a more lenient inspection for our car's generation is if it has an R title. No airbags are required to pass the PA safety inspection.

·
Registered
85 944
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
choi0706 said:
dimmer switch!!???! that is the first time I've heard of that.. registered inspector here in Texas..

Reading the manual again, I think by "dimmer switch" they mean the hi/lo headlight switch

·
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS, 1999RS
983 Posts
kay95 said:
Well you have three options.

1. Go to a different place late dont follow everylast rule in the book.

2. Dont get it inspected. You cant always get away with it in some states. I know in PA you only get fined when cought. In MD you get fined every day your over.
I agree with #1. Find a place that will let little things slide. As for the second my friend was pulled over 4 times in two weeks, so that may not be the best idea.

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,884 Posts
t3hWIT said:
Are you referring to vehicles under the title of "Specially Constructed"? Antique and classic car registrations are time-based, so the only real way to get a more lenient inspection for our car's generation is if it has an R title. No airbags are required to pass the PA safety inspection.

PA has whats called a collectors/modified tag. Just a safety and equipment inspection. Now heres the thing when you look at it the site doesnt say that its exempt from emissions. How ever when you look at examples of mods you can go from gas to diesel and get this registration. Now you would have to be exempt because how would you have any hope of passing. Or just register it as a collectible. It doesnt have basicly any info on what a collectable is. That is specificly spelled out on the site though.

Dont believe me look at this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts