Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3.5 - 4 psi with no ic and no any electronic upgrade. is it safe? it's kind of like Ludespeed stage I right?

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
You should be just fine. If anything, just keep premium in it and listen closely to all sounds as you go. At the very least, an A/F and boost guage would be nice to have. If you have any doubts about leaning out, disconnect and plug the vacuum line on the stock FPR. You'll run max pressure at all times, but at least you'll KNOW you're getting enough fuel.

Try to stay out of prolonged periods of boost where the intake temps will want to rise.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i'll have gagues for sure. I actually i have an IC also. but the thing is I have MY02 so no scoop.. :( so i either wait until i get the hood or run without the IC until I get the hood (that's why i asked). I just can't wait all these damn things sitting in my room... :D I know I have to get a custom turbo manifold too if i go without IC. but it would still be less than the hood + scoop + paint... :D thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Not a custom manifold. Just custom piping from the turbo to the TB. You don't "have to" go with a TMIC. There's plenty of fendermount and smaller front mount IC's around at decent prices that you can use and keep your current hood. Just a thought.
iBlueVirus said:
yeah, i'll have gagues for sure. I actually i have an IC also. but the thing is I have MY02 so no scoop.. :( so i either wait until i get the hood or run without the IC until I get the hood (that's why i asked). I just can't wait all these damn things sitting in my room... :D I know I have to get a custom turbo manifold too if i go without IC. but it would still be less than the hood + scoop + paint... :D thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, when I say turbo manifold i meant the piping from turbo from TB. i thought that is what you call it. :) So how much are these FMIC and Fender MIC? I don't know if Fender MIC is good enough and FMIC would have some lag and pretty expensive. Last I saw was 1k and have to mod the bumper.... :( I don't know if you follow my turbo project. So far I got the catback, turbo, TMIC, some gasket, and a y pipe for FREE. yes, i am REALLY cheap. So i am not in a rush, I just need to make sure I get things right. Like not blowing up my motor. :lol: Thanks again, for all your hlep! :D

Leo

Storm said:
Not a custom manifold. Just custom piping from the turbo to the TB. You don't "have to" go with a TMIC. There's plenty of fendermount and smaller front mount IC's around at decent prices that you can use and keep your current hood. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Start perusing the local junkyards after boning up on what types of cars came with IC's. Many can be found at great prices. As a matter of fact, lots of great finds are around for the picking. Additional injectors came on millions of VW's for cold start convenience and can be easily plumbed into your fuel system and triggered to open by pressure or RPM, or whatever.

Ford sells a FMIC that is probably too big to go in the Impreza without major fabrication, yet is only $250! I know of a few turbo Dodge guys running them at high boost with good results. Just another low-buck thought.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
I'll be using a WRX OE TMIC as well, just need to pick it up from the shop. Now, if my turbo would ever get here :curse:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts