Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know if it is possible to put a 2006 saab 9-2x motor and transmission into my 2001 2.5rs?

And will I still have the subaru rumble??

·
Registered
98 RS Now with more interior!
20,054 Posts
Yep, did one a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
9-2X was an awesome car; I only wish they'd made the thing in white. :cool:

A WRX wagon with a prettier face, a better warranty, nice leather and an STi steering rack. Yeah I liked it. :D

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
624 Posts
9-2X was an awesome car; I only wish they'd made the thing in white. :cool:

A WRX wagon with a prettier face, a better warranty, nice leather and an STi steering rack. Yeah I liked it. :D
No way... its got a quicker ratio/STi steering rack? Well thats a huge plus, I don't have my car running yet but i just put in the 9-2x rack and I didn't know that. :banana:

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Yep, STi rack.

www.saab92x.com

I posted there a few times but haven't been there for a year or so. Place was a mess for a while, everyone trying to figure out what the specs were on those cars. :D

For 2006, along with the upgrade to the EJ255 like the '06 WRX got, the 9-2X got larger rear brake rotors (the vented ones from the '05+ Legacy GT).

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
I'm curious if the 9-2x is cheaper to insure than a WRX. Does anyone know if they are the same or different for insurance purposes?

·
Registered
'97 Emerald Green GF4 5spd
271 Posts
I'm curious if the 9-2x is cheaper to insure than a WRX. Does anyone know if they are the same or different for insurance purposes?
Hmmm Im curious too.. I dont know if its true but I read somewhere that the WRX is in the top 10 for expensive insurance. I would figure since its a turbo sports car, insurance would be pretty bad but never thought i would make top 10. Better to just by an 2.5rs and do a swap to save on insurance.

·
Registered
2005 Saabaru 2.5i
376 Posts
Mine is expensive to insure, but I never compared prices to its Subie cousins. It costs about 2.5x more to insure than our minivan, though...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok! Does the transmission of the subaru will fit with the saab 9-2x aero motor or I have to change both?

And if I have to change anything else, please tell me what!!

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
ERRRRRRRRRrrrrr Whoa whoa whoa. Wait just a minute. You can swap a SAAB motor and transmission into a SUBARU? ... Since when?.. How is that possible?

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
ERRRRRRRRRrrrrr Whoa whoa whoa. Wait just a minute. You can swap a SAAB motor and transmission into a SUBARU? ... Since when?.. How is that possible?
Dude, Wake up. The "Saab" 9-2x or aero or whatever IS a subaru. its not swabbing a saab motor into a subaru, its swapping a subaru motor out of a saab.

Chris

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Hmmm Im curious too.. I dont know if its true but I read somewhere that the WRX is in the top 10 for expensive insurance. I would figure since its a turbo sports car, insurance would be pretty bad but never thought i would make top 10. Better to just by an 2.5rs and do a swap to save on insurance.
The WRX is not top 10 most expensive, the STi is though. its a case of people not knowing what they are talking about writing car reviews.

it is right next to the evo for insurance purposes, they just forgot that all impotant three letters STi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts