Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
98 RS Now with more interior!
20,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Basically I come to a stop light and a guy in a Toyota Tacoma pulls up next to me and yells something to the effect of "RX-7s Rule!!" I was like WHA???. Anyways he tells me they are really fast and it would smoke me. I said not really. He responds to me by saying that I've never raced one and I wouldn't know. I told him to find me an RX-7 that runs and I'll race it! :lol: :devil:

True story.

P.S. I think he thought I was driving a Honduh. :confused:

·
Registered
1999 SUBARU IMPREZA RSTI EJ20K
2,628 Posts
WOOO just flip him off gas it and do burnouts in front of him and be LIKE WOOOO WOOO YAAHHH bet he will be like wtf

·
Registered
GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
4,973 Posts
Local here in the Bx. has a 900WHP RX7.
Our 12A Rotary KP61 runs 9.97 1/4s (@20psi) & techically could be made street legal by putting the glass back on it (lexan windows on now).

My AE86 GTS is super slow....

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
i had an RX7...it broke down a lot.

RX7 = over 300whp.
Subaru = maybe 100whp.

RX7 = more hours in garage than on the road.
Subaru = more hours rallying.

SUBARU FTW!

-Matt

·
The Truth.
2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
5,390 Posts
MattB said:
i had an RX7...it broke down a lot.

RX7 = over 300whp.
Subaru = maybe 100whp.

RX7 = more hours in garage than on the road.
Subaru = more hours rallying.

SUBARU FTW!

-Matt
Yeah, but Keener's RS puts down a lot more than 100whp. ;) At least he didn't say RX-8's RT3HFAZT4R!!!

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
OMG555 said:
Yeah, but Keener's RS puts down a lot more than 100whp. ;) At least he didn't say RX-8's RT3HFAZT4R!!!
exactly...so why would his Subaru be worse than a silly motored unreliable torqueless (sp?) car?

There are times I miss my RX7 because they are a blast to drive and even more rare than a GC but...it was too much work...and being in college I just don't have the time or money.

And...even if you can't beat an RX7 at a track (they handle way better than GC's sorry guys...) you can always challenge one to a Rally...I bet you would win at that! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2.5rs 2000 STM
611 Posts
whats funny is that Scuby is better than rx7, i know alot of 7 owners who did the trade and including this guy i was an fb and fc owner for a bit but lets see i had to fight with it to keep them running, and for me the handling was eh. Subies stock though under power are way more fun.

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
The RX7 handles so much better and brakes better and is faster. In my opinion the RX7 platform is great but the motor is crap. They can be made to make power but don't ever last very long. I think a piston motor in the RX7 platform is the best way to go. Reliable power and great handling.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts