Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
Impreza SportsWagon 99 2.0
11 Posts
I apologise in advance for a stupid question but can I ask, why couldn't you just bolt it right on? Whats the need for the adapter? Sorry for stupid question I'm new to exhausts and such.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,203 Posts
I apologise in advance for a stupid question but can I ask, why couldn't you just bolt it right on? Whats the need for the adapter? Sorry for stupid question I'm new to exhausts and such.
I had a GD (2002-2007) catback from my brother and when I tried to match it up with my GC, the part where it bolts in the catalytic converter on my GC (2.5RS Coupe) was not matching up, that's why the OP (original poster) mentioned you'd have to rotate the flange. If you try to rotate the whole catback assembly to match the catalytic converter flange, the bends won't line up with the undercarriage.

·
Registered
Impreza SportsWagon 99 2.0
11 Posts
I had a GD (2002-2007) catback from my brother and when I tried to match it up with my GC, the part where it bolts in the catalytic converter on my GC (2.5RS Coupe) was not matching up, that's why the OP (original poster) mentioned you'd have to rotate the flange. If you try to rotate the whole catback assembly to match the catalytic converter flange, the bends won't line up with the undercarriage.

Ahhhh right ! that makes alot more sense now, i though OP was just doing it for length so I didn't think it was necessary but I understand now. Im guessing this is like this for all catbacks? Thanks heaps!

·
Registered
1993 Subaru Impreza 1.8L FWD
19 Posts
Man I need one of these. I feel like an exhaust shop around me is going to charge a lot more than I want to pay

141 - 146 of 146 Posts