Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: So, i'm new to the forum, and have read some knowledgeable threads so I thought I'd throw out a question:)
I just purchased a 2001 sedanRS, and the turbo project is in the plans for this month. I've looked at a lot of different kits, and have narrowed it down to two kits, the AVO, and the Ludespeed stage III. As far as I can see, the difference is in the ecu, and the turbo. The ludespeed offers a t3/t4 turbo, that may not be the new gt-series ball-bearing equipped, but is capable of 20psi without jumping out of it's efficiency range. The other plus I found with the ludespeed is the difference between the plug and play link, and the wire in. However the GT series turbo is a step up, and the intercooler seems more efficient. I would really appreciate feedback from people who have 1st hand experience with either of the kits. Pricing is about the same, and fortunatley not a problem at this time. I appreciate any advice you can give me:)

·
Registered
2005 Impreza WRX STI
6 Posts
Statement from Ludespeed web site

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to push my startup date back to March 1, 2003. I was planning and hoping to start taking orders on Feb 1, 2003. But the project that I have been working on has been extended. I will be working full time away from my shop until late February. For more information on the turbokit specs and prices, please click on the image below. Please be aware that I will be out of the shop until March 1 and will not be able to return phone calls or emails regarding new orders until March 1. Thank you for your patience.

impreza kits
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my plans to have a swap fail, I would chose the ludespeed kit as plan b it is a very good deal.

R

·
0 Posts
AVO chose not to use plug any play for the ecu due to differences in wiring between some different model years. The wire-in allows model year specific installation instructions. Avo bar and plate intercooler has less than 1psi drop and is most efficient design on market today.

I have seen three different kits in action. AVO seems to have the least lag/smoothest(smallest size, gt, turbo), Ludespeed did not hit full spool till almost 3000 rpm(correct me Ludespeed drivers if that is incorrect) vs. [email protected] The other kit was out of the league as far as ultimate power and cost, Vishnu. I understand that the Vishnu set up was a one off(not production) kit to the tune of $8000+. They had the largest turbo, awsome set up under the hood, even the transmission had to be upgraded!

sean

·
Registered
2005 Impreza WRX STI
6 Posts
RalliTek

Ok you have convinced me to make changes to my plans and have you as plan B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts