Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS Wagon
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey sorry about another post about rsb, but im a little new about aftermarket parts, anyways to get my point across, im looking around the web to find a good brand for a rsb. im looking to buy a 20mm just to see how it would fit my ride. Wat would you recommend for me?

Thanks,

I did look at the cobb tuning rsb but i also saw the whiteline..

plus do i really need end links for a new rsb?

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
It is best to upgrade the rear endlinks because the stock ones are cheap plastic. I had a stock endlink break in half on me.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS - #74 ST
129 Posts
If you only want a 20 mm RSB, you can get one from Subaru. It was factory equipment on the 2002/2003 USDM WRX - it can be found used, at any dealer, or online like at Subaru Genuine Parts.

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
Cobb and Whiteline are both good companies with quality parts, you can't go wrong with either. Just make sure you get what's designed for your car but keep in mind that since you have an '05 you can buy WRX bits too.

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,702 Posts
'02-'03 WRX SEDANS came with 20mm rear swaybars, but not any other years or body styles if i remember correctly.

They'll bolt up without any mods, you can pick 'em up off a wrx owner for like $20-50, and it'll make the biggest improvement in handling you can imagine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so one thing about Wrx parts... so if i would order something that was originally for the wrx like a 2005 or 04 it would definitely fit my car?

plus Trix, do you think getting the endlinks would be a better investment if i were to get a rsb?

Thx.

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
'02-'03 WRX SEDANS came with 20mm rear swaybars, but not any other years or body styles if i remember correctly.

They'll bolt up without any mods, you can pick 'em up off a wrx owner for like $20-50, and it'll make the biggest improvement in handling you can imagine.
+1
Find a bugeye WRX sedan owner who upgraded their rear sway and pick up their stock one for a good cheap price. You wont regret it.
I've been running a bugeye WRX 20mm rear sway on my AutoX car for a year and a half now. Got it for $50.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha... well i have a friend who got a bugeye cuz he loved my car and apparently its a WRX, but i dont see him buying a different rsb for a while, ill look around i guess. But still confused about using WRX parts (not the rsb) like as in what year would fit my car? plus i was also thinking of lowering it, so should i get coil overs or springs?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza RS Silver
103 Posts
Go and change the endlinks to solid ones both front and rear...with a bigger rsb is the best mod you can do to your suspension. I have a Cusco adjustable 20-24mm rsb set at 22mm with solid Whiteline links front and rear and is a different car. If you go big in the rear better change the brackets also.

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,702 Posts
Fuffed: The only person who's going to spend the time to research which swaybars fit your car exactly are you, and anyone who's got your car and wants to upgrade the exact same part. Unfortunately, that means that you're the only one who can get you definitive answer unless you can find the ONE person with your exact car and exact part you want to upgrade to.

The good news is that I *think* the REAR swaybar setup on all USDM subaru's are EXACTLY the same from 1998 up through 2007, not including the STI. This means my '00 2.5RS coupe swaybar should fit your wagon, it means a '04 WRX swaybar should fit your wagon, it also means an '04 STI swaybar probably won't (too wide). Keep in mind i'm ONLY speaking for the rear swaybars; front sways are a whole different ballgame.

Get under your car, play with it, and learn about it by taking the dive and just plain purchasing cheap, easy-to-sell-back-to-the-community mods like the rear swaybar. If you accidentally get something that won't fit, you'll know why because you tried, and you can compare results to find the right thing. Don't go buying coilovers or lowering springs yet; they're expensive and my guess is that you don't quite know what effect they'll have on your car. What's a roll center? Bump stop? Caster?

RESEARCH your purchases until you feel like you know the subject matter cold, and THEN make your purchase...these forums are a wealth of information. I'm trying to avoid the cold-hearted "search!" response, but you really need to - there are at least 15-20 threads about swaybars and fitment on this forum alone, 2-3 of which i'm a contributor on (so i know it's true).

I'm spouting these words because it's apparent you've never modded a car. That's not bad, but with the want to upgrade things has to come a willingness to spend a little money to try things out and accept the fact that it won't always fit or work perfectly. That's ok...you'll learn more by working at it, and when things DO work perfectly you can appreciate a well-designed product and properly done research all the better. A let me tell you, the rear swaybar is the #1 most cost-effective and best dollar-per-fun suspension upgrade you can make. Go get one! ;)

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,278 Posts
it'll make the biggest improvement in handling you can imagine.
A 24-27mm FSB will make far more of an improvement than a 20mm RSB ever will =)

-- Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts