Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Impreza
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how important is it to have the right bushings when installing a bigger RSB? in the DIY, Drew just modified his stock ones to fit the new bar. Is this safe for a temporary fix?

My car is a 2001 RS and the bar is from a 2004 STi

Thanks in advance.

Mikey

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Hmmm... I didn't think STi bars even fit on the RS (only WRX)... hmmm, I could be wrong though.

Ummm, bushings... as long as it's staying in place good, I'm sure it will work temporary. I'd take $5 and just order the right ones sometime though, just to be sure.

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
Our bushings are made for a 13mm rsb. The 04STi has a 20mm rsb. The only thing is that you may have had to "stretch" the stock bushings to fit the STi rsb. For a quick fix, I assume it's ok. Get a set and the STi mounts, also. Inexpensive, and much beefier! I'll try to find the link for ya!

·
Registered
13 Impreza
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking I'll go with the bushings only.... the mounts don't look like that under my car in the rear. those ones seem to have 2 spots for bolts, whereas mine only have one. on the opposite end of the bracket, there's a tab that slides through a slot. I'll take a picture tomorrow if you want to see what I'm talking about. until then, i just modified my bushings to fit around the sway bar.

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
mikeyp5284 said:
I'm thinking I'll go with the bushings only.... the mounts don't look like that under my car in the rear. those ones seem to have 2 spots for bolts, whereas mine only have one. on the opposite end of the bracket, there's a tab that slides through a slot. I'll take a picture tomorrow if you want to see what I'm talking about. until then, i just modified my bushings to fit around the sway bar.
That's ok for a quick fix.
The mounts are an upgrade from the "cupped" ones that we have as stock. They are mounts that bolt onto the chasis, then the "cup" bolts onto the mount with those two bolts. They don't use the "tab" that our stock ones have. I have these on my RS. Definitely beefier! Just suggestions. G/L on your decision!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts