Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Sport
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...so I ordered brake rotors from summit and when i got them, they're 10.8 inches instead of 10.1:wtf: so im wondering.....can i go to the junkyard here and just get the bigger rs calipers and bolt them on??? im not planning on upgrading them to wrx spec but i figure instead of return mailing the rotors to summit, then waiting for the right ones:bonk: it'd just be easier to travel an hour to my junkyard and get the calipers and swap em!!! if anyone's done this swap or knows anythin bout it lemme know....plz

·
Registered
98 BD6 (JUNK) & 08 Impreza
166 Posts
BUMP
I have a OBS and have some RS/GT brakes around the garage and decided I want to give my OBS brake upgrade. I found the rear conversion write-up but how about the front? From the two posts above seems all I need is RS/GT rotors, pads and calipers? Please confirm and I can put plan on paper for this summer and have better braking power.

THANKS in advance,

-Ant

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
The most important part is using the brackets sized for the rotors. The RS and OBS pads are the same, while the rotors are the same thickness, and the calipers will interchange (with a little work in some cases). For example, I put RS calipers onto my OBS brackets and run OBS sized rotors. I had to take a little material off the inside of the RS calipers to clear the OBS brackets, but going the other way will not be an issue at all.

If you have RS rotors, simply mount RS brackets and keep the OBS calipers.....unless you feel the need to go to the dual pistons.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cool, I have:

98 GT bracket
98 GT calipers
OBS Pads(currently being used)

sounds like the only thing I need are rotors. Maybe I'll put a write up together just to have it on the DIY.

Thanks Storm, you are always a treasure chest full of knowledge.

·
Registered
166 Posts
True but the OBS doesn't need that much more braking power :D plus I don't have to source out a wrx brake braket and ima try to get my buddy to get me RS rotors if I try to get new rotors out of the warranty at autozone

I give you my OBS rotors you give me RS rotors as warranty replacements ;). No one will know. Hope he's willing to do it if not I'll just buy'em out right. I have to buy the rear rotors anywyas too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.