Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5rs.
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 RS and I wanna upgrade with a WRX engine. What year engine would be the best fit or does it matter? I also wanna add an aftermarket exhaust to give it that subaru sound. Can I add the exhaust now and add the turbo engine later? Or does the exhaust depend onwhat type of engine. Andfinally, when I upgrade the engine, do I need to upgrade the trans. too or is the stock RS trans. okay for the added power? thanx heaps!

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
swap what ever subaru motor you want

you can put a cat back exhaust on, but you might as well wait till your swapped since you will have to redo that all again. Up/down pipes header and bigger exhaust

But if you want subaru boxer sound now, you need UEL header and a cat back

You can use your stock trans, but up to a certain HP level and how much you beat on it. Basically its fine/ just as good as a wrx trans. save for 6 speed :p

·
Enthusiast
2001 SRP L
2,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum, not trying to be rude, but there is something called the search button. Located on top of the page, towards the middle. If you have any questions its probably been answered before and probably will save you some time.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5rs.
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THanx for all the direct answers. I have searched for the answers to some of my questions and get lost in some of the answers I find. I guess the more I get my hands dirty the more knowledge I will gain. Just dont wanna buy something expensive only to realize it isnt what I REALLY wanted or isnt compatable. Thanx again for all the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.