Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my car on the Dyno today. It is a Mustang Dynamometer, 4WD obviously.

My car has a custom Legacy turbo setup, running a max of 3.5 psi. The three pulls were done in 3rd gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah, I'm happy. This is about a 40 ft-lb. and 40 WHP gain over stock. Next time I dyno the car I will have a programmable ECU and around 8 psi, so that should be quite a bit higher.

This was a Subaru dyno day out here in Texas. Afterwards, I slowly pulled away from a WRX that put 197 ft-lb. and 194 HP to the ground.

Graham

·
Registered
Buschur'ed EVO VIII
367 Posts
That torque band is nice and usable! :)

How much would you say you put into your setup so far?

Also, on your sheet, it says 2900lbs... is that with you in the car?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No that is not with me in the car.

I would say I have put around $4000 into my setup. The same setup can be done for much cheaper though, I just used fancy parts and had custom fabrication work done though, and it adds up FAST. Yes I am happy with the torque curve, nice and linear. Full boost by 2200-2300 RPM.

Graham

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man we use a mustang eddy current dyno at our shop ( WHICH I WISH WAS A 4WD dyno) I would love to start running R&D testing on that then with using some of the other dynos I've used befor.

Looks nice only question i have is, are you still running stock compression?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
BRG, the as I'm sure you can attest... the Mustangs are sweet dynos if you can get your hands on the 4wd model (not that "other" one) you'll get some nice repeatable tests.

Yes, Graham is running all stock internals.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boy said:
BRG, the as I'm sure you can attest... the Mustangs are sweet dynos if you can get your hands on the 4wd model (not that "other" one) you'll get some nice repeatable tests.

Yes, Graham is running all stock internals.

Yah our Mustang is a very nice dyno......................

IT JUST NOT 4WD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get so worked up over that.............

·
Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
313 Posts
Hey Graham...

Really nice MAN!!!!

I cannot wait until I put all my crap in....the parts bin is a year old coming in january....I need a laptop so damn bad.

My setup is similar but with a modified WRX Turbo for now...

I'm going to see if Alan can help me out with the major stuff that need a lift.

Hey you may want to look at getting the steel turbo bracket to hodl your turbo in place.

I test fitted one and it fit ok with the stock bolt hole on the block by where your turbo sits.

Anyhow, nice and congrats!!!

Kevin

·
Registered
83 Posts
Graham,

Funny, when I was at 3.5 lbs of boost, I had 141.7 hp at the wheels with over 171 lbs or torque. What a diff with the lower compression and more dispalcement makes. More torque and less horse power. Weird eh? It is a nice feeling to pull away from a stock WRX at such low boost levels. Wait till you boost up to 7-8 psi. You will love it. I am at 12 lbs now and the car is damn fast.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Hayscoob, its the torque that makes the 2.5 so much fun... the WRX guys can keep the high horsepower numbers as long as 2.5s are making more torque we'll have the last laugh :devil:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyhow, nice and congrats!!!

Kevin, you need boost my friend. For the love of God speed the project. Alan is a great resource.

Funny, when I was at 3.5 lbs of boost, I had 141.7 hp at the wheels with over 171 lbs or torque. What a diff with the lower compression and more dispalcement makes. More torque and less horse power. Weird eh? It is a nice feeling to pull away from a stock WRX at such low boost levels. Wait till you boost up to 7-8 psi. You will love it. I am at 12 lbs now and the car is damn fast.

I really love my setup. For such a small amount of boost, I really cannot complain, so I won't. I have had 0 problems since day one, too. That is strange that you made so much less HP with the 8.5:1's in there. How is the lag on the end? I'm turning up the boost here real soon, i'll let you know how it turns out mate...;)

maybe i missed it...what setup are you using?

Hmm, i'll list it tomorrow. I just got back, and I'm tired.

Bill, you know what you have to do. BTW, how is the wrapping coming along friend?

Graham

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Graham, you know I've got several N/A projects left yet before I think of boost (although I'd love to have a RHB5 right now :) ). The wrap is coming along very slowly... i.e. I haven't had a chance to get the snap straps and coating yet. If I take too long with it let me know and I'll get it back to you.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, take your time Bill, I was just curious. An RHB5 is a great thing to have, let me tell you.

Graham

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Well, with any luck I'll be giving you a run for your money at the next dyno day. We'll see how things come together over the holidays but I think I can make up that 10 ft-lbs (not sure on the hp) :devil:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have faith in you, but what happens when I turn up the boost (over Christmas).........

:biggest:

Graham

1 - 20 of 40 Posts