Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'01 RS 2.5 Silverthorne
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and haven't found a diy or anyone who can walk me through it. I know its easy but I don't know if I have the caliper bracket cause I don't know what it looks like.

I have a 2 front rotors with calipers, dust covers, and lines. I have 2 rear rotors with calipers and lines.

Do I need to buy the bracket or is it already on the WRX calipers? I'll post pics of exactly what I have tonight when I get home from work.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks,

-Rich

·
Registered
'01 RS 2.5 Silverthorne
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait now I have one more question - That walkthrough uses a caliper bracket to retain the RS caliper. So is the WRX caliper the same size? Should I just use my RS calipers or will the WRX calipers clear the wheel?

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,696 Posts
^^^ What he said.

I bought a pair of WRX calipers, and just pulled the brackets off to use on my RS calipers because my car had lower miles than the donor (!!)

I then sold the WRX calipers without the brackets, and sold the RS caliper brackets to someone on here with an L...

I now have my entire old setup for sale...wrx calipers/brackets/EBC Greenstuff pads/Brake lines for sale if anyone reading this thread is researching a future mod ;)

Post will be arriving in the classifieds soon.

·
Registered
'01 RS 2.5 Silverthorne
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I got the front rotors on with the bigger caliper bracket, but the back rotors just wouldn't come off. It looks like the e-brake drums are frozen. I hit them with a rubber mallet, then a metal hammer, then a big metal hammer, then an air chisel and they never moved a milimeter but I did remove a few pounds of rust so thats nice. Oh well that's what I get for trying to take off brakes that have 100+ miles on them and expecting it to go smoothly. Anyway, left my RS calipers on the front for now so I wouldn't have to bleed. When I get my goodridge lines I'll do the calipers as well and try to use the holes in the back rotors to screw them off. If anyone has suggestions on how else to get them off without destroying my e-brake let me know. So far the braking power is already noticeably better, I can't wait to see if there's more to come with the wrx slotted rear rotors as well.

·
Registered
2002 Forester
464 Posts
e-brake off.

Buy two 8mm bolts. These will screw into those two little holes on the front of the rotor. Tighten, and the rotor will pop right off like butter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts