Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep my RS-T is a A/T. Seemed a better choice then the fragile M/T. Anyways if any of you other RS-T A/T guys are out there I was curious as to the manufacturer and part number of your A/T cooler, what other parts you had to order to install it and which line is the feed and which is the return that go to the radiator?

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Be forewarned - some people put in aftermarket coolers and when it went wrong, Subaru would not cover the transmission repair.

I'd personally have a dealer install the Subaru factory cooler IF you are still under warranty.

If you are not under warranty (or don't care about the tranny) then they are pretty generic. However, I don't know what kit works.

Check www.ScoobyMods.com (is that right?) :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok your are like the first person i've heard of with a RS-T A/T, I was just wondering how it went. and what modifications you had to do to keep everything undercontrol. I have a 98 RS that i am going to turbo but it is an A/T and so it would help to get a list of your modes.

THavok

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I don't have a turbo on my RS, but it's pretty standard for either way. The A/T is much more durable than the M/T, obviously, but you can still damage it - mostly from doing brake stands in preperation for a launch.

Get a cooler, and if you install it be sure none of the lines are kinked. If you want serious power (or have it) you'll want yo upgrade your valve body, clutch pack, and torque converter. www.LevelTEN.com and www.ProTorque.com are two good places. LevelTEN has everything, ProTorque just has torque converters.

Any other Q's? Lemme know. :D

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the question was directed to me the answer is pretty straight forward. I simply leave the car sitting in storage until October when I can toss a garage full of parts at the car and let Rallispec install and tune the Minnam Stage 2 and a Link2. I was looking for some A/T cooler kits though. I was hoping to find one that included a small fan on it like some of the oil coolers do.

·
Audi Fondler
2000 Silverish 2.5rs Sedan
3,251 Posts
Level10 also has the advanced auto shifting systems... a bit pricey but damn nice... friend of mine got one recentely... gives total control over gear shifting.

·
Registered
123 Posts
they don't seem to have a chip for our cars.... for all the shifting and stuff.
they list about every brand of japanese car out there but ours

·
Audi Fondler
2000 Silverish 2.5rs Sedan
3,251 Posts
Hmm... I saw that it wasn't in the list but several sources have told me that they make one that's kind of generic and works with the Subarus... Sort of a compact version of what mechanics use to check your engine...

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
DragonRM said:
Level10 also has the advanced auto shifting systems... a bit pricey but damn nice... friend of mine got one recentely... gives total control over gear shifting.
I was the original purchaser when they first came out with it and it didn't work for shit. Does it really work now? Does it look like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am using a Hyden type 403 cooler on my rs. Intall isnt too difficult, i had to bend some metal on the frame slightly so that the hoses wouldn't chafe and rupture. Also, the line that goes on the radiator is a very tight fit, so be patient when you intall it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts