Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

As you can see I am new here. I just picked up my 95 impreza l this past weekend.

I eventually intend to do an sti swap with it, but for now I want do what i can to make it handle better.

I was wondering if stock rs suspension would be a decent upgrade to start with? Also where would I be able to find them for cheap?

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
WRX rear swaybar, or aftermarket. Then springs/struts... or coilovers if you plan on going far with it or tracking it. All depends on what level of performance and comfort. Then there are various bushings, etc.. but I'd start with the swaybar first.

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
Yes .. impreza RS <> impreza brighton same difference... and good tires will benifit you more to start..

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

·
Registered
'00 2.5rs coupe
1,628 Posts
Having owned both an L and an RS, I'll be the first to say that yes, an RS setup is a great improvement over the L. You can usually find it on these forums for not too much.

And yes, a rear sway bar will be a great upgrade too.

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright since my impreza lacks a rear swaybar as a whole from the factory what do I need to mount it up? And what size should I get? I intend to upgrade my suspension soon if that helps any?

Thanks,

Marc

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
OEM rear swaybar mounts from any RS or WRX up to 07 will bolt right up into your car. The holes are already there, with little plastic plugs to protect the threads. You may have to move a charcoal canister on the right rear, to get the mount up into place. You'll need to pick up a pair of RS or WRX WAGON (only) rear lateral links which have the mounting tabs for the rear swaybar, since yours won't have them if the car came without a bar. 20mm is the stock WRX size and a good improvement over the stock 13mm RS bar. Front bars are both 19mm, so no need to upgrade those right away.

If you can't find a good set of stock RS struts, Look up aftermarket stuff within your budget and use the 98-01 2.5RS as your application. You might look at the KYB AGX or even the GR2's. Tokico also makes a good strut for the RS. Eibach has a good lowering spring setup, as does RaceCompEngineering who developed many great suspension options for the Impreza.

Poke around, use the search button and soak up the decades of info for your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts