Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
96 Impreza GM4.5
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the US 25rs came with a FRONT bumper foam? I just got pulled over and got a unsafe vehicle because I never had a front bumper foam.... my car is a 96 Impreza with a 2001 bumper support with a 2000 bumper, but it looks like there is no way to fit foam only on the sides. so can anyone help me or have a picture or site so I can show it to court thanks.

Kiyoshi:noes:

· Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,502 Posts
There ain't no bumper foam, sorry my man. I don't understand... How did they pull you over for that?

You could get a statement from a Subaru dealership! They'd be happy to. That's fucked up.

· Banned
2001 BRP Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
911 Posts
There ain't no bumper foam, sorry my man. I don't understand... How did they pull you over for that?
Yeah that I would want to question too. I don't have the foam, but from what I can remember there should be some bumper foam in between the beam and bumper near the edges. I can't think of how the police would spot that though.

· Registered
96 Impreza GM4.5
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there was a BIG SUMMER BANG BBQ CRUISE and all got shut down by the solo biker cops, so the fukers set us all up with a road block at the only entrance to the park. even if we had a permit its only up to 100 people.... we had way over 100. so almost everyone got a ticket for there car even one tow truck!.

· anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
8,075 Posts
Sounds like the cops couldn't find anything wrong with your car, so to inconvenience you, they gave you some bogus story/ticket. Happened on a local drive around here.

You should just have to fight it, if its even a ticket, the judge will likely drop it. That's what the guys on our drive did anyway.

· Registered
2,764 Posts
i thought that technically cops cant do any type of road block that makes your only way in or out gone and that you HAVE to exit to them or something like that
na they can do pretty much anything they want. as long as we can "justify it". i work at a park just like described, only one way in or out and its over a drawbridge. on the fourth we just set up and do our thing

· Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,297 Posts
sounds like a big shit sandwich

I'd call a sleazy lawer and see if all you guys can get restitution.

handing out a ticket for something you can't see or prove has to be illegal

maybe you guys can get a phat check or something...

fight the power!

· Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,297 Posts
I would suggest getting permits, and setting shit up like the NHRA has been doing forever to avoid stupid shit like that

I would imagine that congregationg on private property instead of a park would work out better.

· Registered
96 Impreza GM4.5
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok I just came back from SERVCO SUBARU PARTS DEPARTMENT and yes they do come with foam.
Also by the looks of it, its only on the front top part of the bumper beam. Man how can that cops see that not even can anyone else. the cop was just looking inside the engine bay and push on my bumper and also saying my car is turbo, and he said I would have to cut my bumper support to fit a intercooler, but first off my car is non turbo and people mistaken my radiator as a intercooler dammit.

· Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,386 Posts
Pretty sure there is/was foam in the front bumper. I know there is in the rear. But how he could figure out whether you actually had it or not is next to impossible, save for ripping your front bumper off on the spot and looking at the back of it. This is a BS ticket which should be dropped. There's a town back home in CT that loves to hassle people for things like this, bogus tickets just because there are wayyy too many cops with nothing better to do.

· Registered
96 Impreza GM4.5
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats how our cops are like, nothing else better to do but mess around with the imports and give useless tickets then find the the drug dealers, crooks, prostitution, and domestic violence. man all we were doing was chilling and bbq with other groups, we were not bothering anyone in anyway since it is a beach park.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.