Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 2.2L and I want a new front bumper, but I am not sure which one to get. My options are:

Sti Ver 4 bumper..............$265 shipped
00-01 RS bumper.............$251 shipped
98/Canada RS bumper.....$223 shipped

Also, I don't know what the 98/Canada bumper looks like, so a picture would be stellar. Also, if it helps, my car is Arcadia Green...if that effects anyone's bumper opinion.

-Andy

PS I am leaning towards the STi Ver 4

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That reminds me...the STi Ver 4 bumper...what bumper beam would I get to make that work? I need to make sure I can mount the fog lights....when I get them. So many little details.

-Andy

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
The v4 bumper will be the older style STi, the one with different turn signals than the US 2.5RS, which uses the v5 front bumper. There are hardly any lip kits or foglight covers for this bumper, parts will be hard to find.

The 2.5RS bumper is the same as the v5-6 STi, and there are lots of lip spoilers and foglight covers available for it. I recommend you get this. You can also get the STi lightweight front bumper beam (saves ~25lbs, I've heard) and it will fit this bumper.

The canadian 2.5RS doesn't have the big foglights, it will look very similar to your L. There are practically zero lip kits & fog covers for this bumper.

If you could find a WRC-style bumper, that would be sweet. They called them "Prodrive Sports" bumpers, I've seen them as an option in a japanese Subaru catalog at Suby Specialties, it looks just like the WRC / 22B but it fits the regular sized fenders that our cars have. Heck, if I could find one for a reasonable price, I'd sell you my bumper for cheaper than all those prices you listed (it's silver w/ a paint scratch). That would be sweet. http://www.scoobymania.co.uk/site_nonflash.asp?page=22bstyling prices in pounds, or http://www.rallispec.com/product-aero1.htm prices too high for me.

-scott-

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Scott. I have always liked your no-bull-shit posts that actually help out.

I also appreciate the link DustinR, certainly a valuable resource.

Course, my life just sorta got all turned around. I just recently got a sorta kinda job offer that is going to pay REALLY well. The catch is that I have to know Linux, which I don't. So I just payed $4,500 to take a course to get certified. Even if this job doesn't work out, the certification, along with my others, is going to help me get a good paying job...which may allow me to buy an entire Ver 5 Impreza...not just the bumper.

-Andy

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
The 22B style bumper for the non-flared Impreza is called the "STi Sport Bumper" not prodrive as it is an STi optional part. AFS motorsports makes a fiberglass replica for about $350, but I have no idea on how the quaility and it is a bare bones bumper. the STi sport bumper is abs type plastic & comes with teh fog covers, mesh, everything you need (but a bumper beam) to fit it, but they run $950-1100 before shipping.

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
Awesome info Jon, thanks for clearing that up.

Hey BTW, do you know if MY02+ (usdm wrx) struts will fit on a MY93-00 Impreza? I just want the struts, not the springs or top mounts...

Thanks,
-scott-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts