Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
that wasn't drifting, it was teh powersliding. That angle is like the exact angle that RS's powerslide at. I should know, i do it all the time. :sunny:

This seems like a challenge, I'm gonna go grab some shots with my gf tomorrow. I think a little dirt love is in order.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,079 Posts
2.5rsleeper said:
that wasn't drifting, it was teh powersliding. That angle is like the exact angle that RS's powerslide at. I should know, i do it all the time. :sunny:

This seems like a challenge, I'm gonna go grab some shots with my gf tomorrow. I think a little dirt love is in order.

how do you powerslide? do you have to have an LSD? because i usually just plow and keep plowing....:(

nice pics btw. looks like fun. is that dirt or tarmac you're on?

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
scoobaroo said:
how do you powerslide? do you have to have an LSD? because i usually just plow and keep plowing....:(

nice pics btw. looks like fun. is that dirt or tarmac you're on?
Powersliding is easy. Just enter a corner in a low gear, and hammer the throttle, rear will come right out. Only works in dirt, wet tarmac, or sand covered tarmac like this guy. Drifting is different because you start sliding before you even apply power, i.e. at the entry of the corner.

heh i just realized that my initial post sounds a little...dirty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool pics guys. cool track pics, and that black OBS is hella cool

i dont use power at all...lol...power yeah right. i just go loaded up on one side and when you hit the breaks the tires cant take it and you start to drift, then i get on the throttle so it keeps it going a bit more. i mightve ebraked, not sure, i just did whatever felt right.

A cusco rear sway on stiffest settings and stock front sway helps.

i have 225 potenza 050s so theyre not too easy to break loose...i put on a bald set of re92s 205 and i drift everywhere.

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
kYLEMtnCRUZr said:
cool pics guys. cool track pics, and that black OBS is hella cool

i dont use power at all...lol...power yeah right. i just go loaded up on one side and when you hit the breaks the tires cant take it and you start to drift, then i get on the throttle so it keeps it going a bit more. i mightve ebraked, not sure, i just did whatever felt right.

A cusco rear sway on stiffest settings and stock front sway helps.

i have 225 potenza 050s so theyre not too easy to break loose...i put on a bald set of re92s 205 and i drift everywhere.
you could powerslide on sand covered tarmac in an L. you need very little power to break loose on surfaces like that. I'm not saying it doesn't take skill man, i was just analyzing the photo. So, you may have been drifting at the start, but the position of your car in the photo is consistent with power over "drifting", not inertial drifting.

Also, a quick fyi, stiff rear sway is not good for the weight transfer technique you described as it allows less independent operation of the suspension, and consequently less body roll, which is essential for weight transfer or "feint" type drifts. Also, e-brake use is not recommended unless you car is specifically setup for it, you can very easily damage your transmission this way.

Keep up the good work, and nice pictures, Josh

1 - 20 of 31 Posts