• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it's time for a POLL! Heh!

So, how do you people like the layout of the RS Club. Take the poll so I can justify leaving it the way it is, or prove to me that I am web-design challenged and have it all wrong! :lol:

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
I like i-clubs layout better. It's easier to navigate between different forums.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yea, that's exactly what I had in mind. It would make it easier to navigate, and consolidating some of the forums would make it seem more active around here.

You could probably combine the fight club and off topic as well. With 13,000+ members, the I-club gets by fine with a single off topic forum. Then we have a single forum to BS in when we don't have any Subaru stuff to talk about.

Oh, but I guess if the fight club is an anything goes type of forum, then maybe it should be seperate.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
I like that setup, much easier to browse. Looks like the overwhelming favorite, too, 5-0! C'mon, people, 27 views and only 5 votes? It isn't hard, I swear, and it barely hurts!

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, so I changed things up a bit. Anything that is gone now is in "Off topic." Hope you all enjoy! :D

·
RSS Hottie
'00 RS
445 Posts
It'd not bad..I liked it better the way it was...but I'll be happy if you put the girls form back up..I know there's not alot of us but it was something that madfe this club more unique then the i-club...if we're gonna keep doing everything the same way I don't see much point in having another board.

·
RSS Hottie
'00 RS
445 Posts
ok I looked around some more and thought about it...I don't like it at all...before at least with the way things were set up it invited alot more people who are into different things in reguards to subarus and cars...like the racing..what the fuck is that about? I see rally and autox...what about the rest of us...I for one am into neither I drag race. So do alot of other people. even if there weren't any posts yet there will be...NED opens this weds. and I know alot of people are into other things.

I don't want people to be alienated on this board like the i-club.

If I wanted that I'd have just stayed over there.

Maybe it's my mistake....I thought the whole point of the board was for rs and other subaru owners to have a home and not the issue of i-club.

I understand that you need a idea or format but of all the boards you want to be like the i-club.

Again it was better before..who cares if it looks more active in here now at least before it had a little something for everyone, now I feel like it's just for the same like minded " this is what the car was made for and nothing else" attitude people.

No offense to you James..many props on the board in general, but now it sure don't feel like home to me.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I put the girls forum back up (albeit the threads are in O/T right now, I'll see what I can do to migrate them soon). The reason I got rid of that was because it was mostly overrun by goofy guys. That kind of sucked, IMO.

I also did like the idea of a smaller site, and easier to navigate, and when I was testing this on my backup server I really liked it. I think you can navigate more quickly, which makes it easier to use. Not so much that I am copying anyone (I could care less) but it's just more functional. I think. :confused:

I am thinking maybe we should add two forums - Dumbass Street Racing (god forbid) and Drag Racing.

Any other ideas?

Oh, and it's pretty simple to put things back to the old format, more or less, so nothing is permanent. I'll probably hide the regionals - I don't like them all out on the front. :)

·
RSS Hottie
'00 RS
445 Posts
James

damn you're quick! Thanks for the change...I hope it works. I left a thread for you in the women section...let me know what you think...I agree that right now it was kinda run over by the chowder heads around here...so I had a few ideas.

The drag racing forum is great..just think where all the people can go for 1/4 times and how to launch and all the fun stuff...alot of people are into bracket racing as well as just the import drag wars and such..so I appreciate it, I also think with that you'll see alot of people come out of the woodwork I time that are into it.

The i-club comment wasn't really to you but a in general thing were everyones always comparing sites...I want different and I think it works for now because we don't have 20,000 people over here...when it grow bigger I think more changes will need to occur.:biggest:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well I wasn't comparing to the current I-club. I was talking about the I-club before it got big, back when there was just a general, technical, classifieds and like two or three other forums I can't remember.

With a small site, a simpler layout just works better. If it's all split up into each little sub category you could possible think of, many forums won't get traffic. That will make it seem even slower than it actually is.

With the drag racing example. If there were just a single motorsports forum, you could post topics on everything and anything to do with racing. With the small number of members it would be easy to pick out which topics pertain to your interests. That would get much more responses.

Take me for example, I'll never visit the drag racing forum. However, if it were all included in a single motorsports forum, I'd see the drag racing topics too. If a topic is posted that I have an answer to/interest in, I'd post. So a simpler layout would generate more responses.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really like the new layout. It makes it real easy to quickly read the forums that I typically look at. On a slow connection, like mine, not having to wait for the sub-forum to load makes a big difference.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
those posts are too long, but i like it the way it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts