Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
01 2.5 RS
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2.5 rs 2001 and when you floor it it launches and as soon as you hit 3500-3700 it starts coughing spitting missing, as long as you shift before that rpm its fine. It has all its power and has no drivablity issues other then that. What do you think it oculd be?

· Registered
'95 work in progress
786 Posts
Check that the O2 sensor is plugged in. Both of them. Check for codes also. Sounds like the sensor is unplugged or bad. Sounds like it is going into limp mode.

· Registered
2000, 2.5 RS sedan, blue
92 Posts
sounds like a problem i had. how much fuel do you have? this happens to me anytime i have less than 1/4 tank. some say it can happen with as much as 1/2 tank. i was a little worried the first time it happened to me and i went to the fuel station spend 60 bucks and problem solved.good luck/

· Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
5,237 Posts
oh its the flux capacitor with out a doubt

i would guess dirty injectors too. because since they are letting alot more fuel out (hight revs) i would do, new plug/wires, and some fuel injector cleaner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.