Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1701 - 1720 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,701
That sounds promising. Also since it's just the floor I guess it doesn't need no massive strenght to keep it in place... Or well, I'd think so but then again I have no experience with this stuff

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
Yeah after a bit of research I think I'm going to stitch weld like I intended originally and then seam seal the outside edges to the rockers.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,705
Considering the OEM car is spot welded, that will be plenty haha
Yeah the only worry I had was whether or not it would be stiff enough without bead rolling it. I was hoping since the surface area of my floor is greatly reduced now that it's going to be in two pieces, along with having the outer edges folded up that it would structurally sound.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,708
Thanks guys! I'll check out 3m's line up and see what will suit me best.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
01 2.5rs ej257 block
79 Posts
There is a weld through seam seller to so you can put it between the panels and then install the panels and weld. Will seal a lot better than gooping it in after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,233 Posts
Yeah the only worry I had was whether or not it would be stiff enough without bead rolling it. I was hoping since the surface area of my floor is greatly reduced now that it's going to be in two pieces, along with having the outer edges folded up that it would structurally sound.

True, would be better with ridges

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,713
That would require me having access to bead roller capable of rolling 16 gauge, which I don't.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,715
Unfortunately class and job hunting has been keeping me rather busy so I don't get to work on it as much as I'd like but I got the drivers floor pan in today. After some contemplation I decided that there wasn't any need to bead roll the pan. It's only there to provide support for my heels and keep debris out of the vehicle and is no longer a structural point of the car.

I started with a rough chip board template.

Transfered it to steel.

It required a fair amount of clamping, a floor jack, scissor jack, and persuasive amount of hammering to fit it as one piece.

It's stitch welded every couple inches and supports the entire weight of the car.

The passenger side should go a bit smoother now that I've worked out the kinks.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,720
Finally done with my capstone class so I got some time to work on my car.

I flipped the template over and viola it evolved into a floor pan.

Once it warms up I can seal them up and paint them. Also, I graduate school in a mere 7 weeks so I'm on the hunt for a job. As most of you have realized I'd like to stay within the performance/fabrication industry so if you guys here of anything hiring don't hesitate to let me know!

1701 - 1720 of 2411 Posts