Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1681 - 1700 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,682
Good point, and pretty much where I'm at. I haven't found a good solution yet, aside from switching to something like an S14 knuckle (as you mentioned).
If I were to build a drift oriented impreza, I would make an s14 front subframe fit my car and use there suspension/knuckle setup. Or something with a similar aftermarket support.

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
Seems like the easiest way is custom control arms with S14 ball joints and S14 coilover mounts like this guy Jackson did. I'm probably going to keep it simple this first time around and just relocate the tie rod pickup, although it is kind of driving me nuts that I have mismatched 5x100 and 5x114 hubs...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,684
Most people don't need the angle right off, simple and effective is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,686
Welded up my outer tie rods today. Bumpsteer issue is checked off the list. Time to do a floor.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,688
Maybe you should flip bolts so the shank is in shear instead of the threads. And cut a small pipe to put in there so you can torque the bolt without bending plate
Didn't notice that haha. I'll flip the bolts tomorrow. I snagged some small tube from the local hardware store after I posted this. I

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,697
^ you should be like ' my ****'s too big for the wall '

Not with Trump as our president 😉

So I assembled the long block so it could be sold. I figured it would gather alot more attention on a forsale ad as a swapped Subaru rather than just another LS (hahahaha).

I also sold the Audi. With graduation coming closer and closer I needed to downsize.

Now back to the elephant in the room, my new floor pans. As of right now the plan is to pretty much copy a factory style floor plan replacement. Pretty much cut the shape of the hole and then add an inch to all sides so I can fold it up and create one inch lip all the way around the pan. I think I'm going to stich weld the pan in and then seam seal around it. The part that is giving me trouble is the sealing part. I'm not super familiar with sealing up something like this from future corrosion along with it being waterproof. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
I don't have any experience with sealing something up like the floor, but I guess I'd just primer the whole thing with epoxy and then glue it in thith some sort of putty or whatever its called. But then again you can't weld the areas that are already primered...

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,699
I don't have any experience with sealing something up like the floor, but I guess I'd just primer the whole thing with epoxy and then glue it in thith some sort of putty or whatever its called. But then again you can't weld the areas that are already primered...

I was considering using aircraft panel bond. They use it to bond quarter panels on some new cars where they don't want to weld them. Apparently it has a higher tensile strength than a weld.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
That sounds promising. Also since it's just the floor I guess it doesn't need no massive strenght to keep it in place... Or well, I'd think so but then again I have no experience with this stuff

1681 - 1700 of 2411 Posts