Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1661 - 1680 of 2414 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,376 Posts
Yeah I'd say anyone under 5'9"ish would have a very hard time seeing over the dash. I'm having the pedal box move forward and back and inch or two if for some odd reason that I'm incapacitated and need someone to drive the car.
Ahh cool, sounds good. Btw I just happen to be 5'9" ?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,664
Got my seat belts last week and spent the majority of the week deciphering various rule books to ge the safest possible mounts. Having to mount everything in double shear effectively double the amount of tabs that needed cut, which was rather tedious. I had to add a cross tube between the seat rails for a proper crotch strap, seeing how I don't have a floor.

Im very happy I went with the platinum over the black.

Getting pretty consistent out of position as well.

Because I can't take it out without getting a full body spread.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
You definitely don't need any body panels. just leave it like that but with a big top mounted turbo.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,666
You definitely don't need any body panels. just leave it like that but with a big top mounted turbo.
With the addition of the tube front, I'd say a video of a naked burnout is a very likely possibility.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,671
Thought you were build a drift car.

Welds are lookin good Ted. I can respect them now that i have a lil tig experience behind me.
It's going to be primarily a street car but I really want to do 200mph in a mile. Straight line sort of stuff is my kind of thing. Thank you, practice is definitely paying off.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,672
Haha

I just realized you don't have a harness bar on the main hoop?
The rear strut support was the perfect height to meet the angle requirements of the belts. I didn't really see the need to add one to the Main hoop at that point.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,673
I may or may not have cut the rest of the frame rails and floor out. I boxed the remaining rail ends to the rocker, a-pillar boxes, and the fire wall. Just about ready to put a floor back in.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,677
Setting the engine low in the chassis had some draw back. The steering rack had to be lowered, increasing tie rod angle to an undesirable degree. This called for lowered steering provision on the knuckle.

Now I have about 3 inches of "bumpsteer adjustment" dependent on the cars final ride height. The 5/8 heims should give good steering feed back as well.

Close ups

Im going to clean up the knuckles and press the hubs back in during class monday. Once I determine the thread pitch of the inner tie rods I can thread my outer tie rod tubes.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,680
Awesome! Are you putting the wheel bearing back in or making some sort of insert?
As of right now the plan is to put the bearings back in. I haven't determined a viable solution to running a wheelbearing that doesn't require an axle stub without severely altering the knuckles design or implanting an entirely different vehicles RWD specific front spindle. For what I want to do with the car, I don't really think it would be worth the money.

1661 - 1680 of 2414 Posts