Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1561 - 1580 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,561
It's pretty, no doubt there.

I think I am used to a hole or two less on the a pillars. Yours are kind of long, but that does not mean anything. So the extra holes there plus below, just 'looks' like a lot :lol:

Keep it up! My car is next after this original M3 we are building.
Haha I see what you're saying. I'm going to space the holes a little wider for the B and C pillars to break it up a bit.

Can't wait to see what you do with your car. I've got a S13 hatch to do this coming week. I'm looking forward to applying all the things I've learned from this one.

·
Registered
01 rsti CFblue, 06 sti PSM
246 Posts
What to bring this topic up when i saw it on nasioc.
Maybe you seen it maybe not ??. Did you happen to see on the gallery fourm on a ttls1 on a 04 wrx wagon??
I say bad ass fuxking wagon lol if not i can post a link hear on topic?? Let me know and keep up the good work k.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,563
What to bring this topic up when i saw it on nasioc.
Maybe you seen it maybe not ??. Did you happen to see on the gallery fourm on a ttls1 on a 04 wrx wagon??
I say bad ass fuxking wagon lol if not i can post a link hear on topic?? Let me know and keep up the good work k.
I've been following his thread as well. At 600 whp his is a monster. I can't wait to see what mine can do. :devil:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,564
B pillar gussets. These were short and sweet to do. I rounded off the edges and turned it down on the holes which really improved the aesthetic appeal.

Yes the picture quality is sub-par. It's getting dark early but I'm working on a better light setup.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I would of carried it upwards a bit more so you dont see that little corner where it stops. Looks good. Hard to tell but did you dimplethem?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,568 (Edited)
Those are spot on!
Thanks bue!

Uhh yes?

I would of carried it upwards a bit more so you dont see that little corner where it stops. Looks good. Hard to tell but did you dimplethem?
My main hoop doesn't touch that part of the roof so the plates would have had to have had a weird bend at the top to fill the gap. I chose the lesser of two evils and left the gap.

Unfortunately my diy dimple die didn't work with 16 gauge and I don't have access to a hydraulic press or the money to buy the complete kit yet. Don't worry it's on my list of things to get.

Ps. What are guys thoughts on anymore gussets. I've got the tunnel to do when my seat arrives and I've got something special planned for my C pillars. Other than that what you guys think should be added, if anything. I'm not trying to add a bunch of weight bit if there are some key structural points I overlooked.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,572
Haha I'm fine with mornings normally. My phone updated this morning and shut my regular alarm off.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,574
It took me a bit to finish the C pillars with all the rain lately. For those that don't know the previous owner had a pretty rough history with my car. I found this out after removing the C pillar trim and noticed the gouged holes on the interior panel. From what I can tell they cut open the inside of the C Pillar to pound the outside half out. This looked subpar and needed to be hidden.

You can see in the left corner the wrinkles on the roof skin and brace. It's not functional other than hiding everything.

Looks a hell of a lot better than before. It'd about time to start finish welding the gussets up. In the mean time I scored a job. This poor hatch needs a cage.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,580
You already win posting updates. That's like buying tickets vs me not buying any and hoping to win. HA
Haha I don't buy tickets either. I'm banking on a sponsor picking me up :lol:

I stitched up the cowl and a pillar gussets.

Other than that I've been busy plugging away at the hatch.

Once that's buttoned up I'll be back to the sedan. I haven't narrowed down a seat or steering wheel yet. I'd like fixed back and preferably under $500 for a single seat. I'm leaning towards a kirkey 47 but I'm open to suggestions.

1561 - 1580 of 2411 Posts