Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1461 - 1480 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,461
Got a bit of welding done today. No crazy upside positions today so that was nice.

And my favorite weld if the day

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,463
Know a good chiropractor yet? :lol:

Coupe's and other models can be a bit more 'fun' to weld
The open rear doors certainly helps the process tremendously. Ive got a couple cage jobs lined up when I finish mine, all of which are of the coupe variety. By then I hope to be a little more seasoned.

Didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked but my welds are getting more consistent by the pass.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,466
Let me know if you need some plates for the tops of the strut towers. We have some laser cut. For the GC model
I'll let you know for sure. I'm thinking about doing some sort of permanent strut brace to the cowl.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,468
Got a bunch done today before running out of shielding gas. I fly out to NH for my short "summer break" tomorrow, so in two weeks I'll be back to finish it up.

In the mean time here's some prettier welds of the day.

And just because I like to look at it

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,472
Thanks guys!

George: Its all fun and games until you can't see out of your mirrors and you need to do yoga to stay limber enough to get in and out of it.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,854 Posts
Thanks guys!

George: Its all fun and games until you can't see out of your mirrors and you need to do yoga to stay limber enough to get in and out of it.
lol..pipe dream anyways. i already have issues getting my old ass out with it just being so damn low. also, id really only want from the dash bar up the a pillar, roll bar at b pillar with harness bar/brace, and then back to the rear strut towers. no door bar shenanigans for me. just some chassis stiffenin/safety.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,476
At that point you'd be just adding more threortical crumple zones. The pillars might be tough but if you were to take a hit from the side at the rocker, everything around it would give way rather than distribute the load.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,477
Got a bit done today. Removed the last unnecessary tabs from the cowl/dash area.

And put in a solid dash bar.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,480
Looking good Ted!
Thanks Tim!

Any hvac plans, for windows?
The plan is to run a minI electric heater in the dash for defrost and very light heating duties. It won't really be driven in the cold so the off chance it's cool outside or it rains I'll have the defrost for back up.

1461 - 1480 of 2411 Posts