Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1381 - 1400 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
2000 OBSTi
500 Posts
With no frame of reference for scale, the pic of the floorpan section cutout could just as easily be the front crossmember jack plate.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,382
With no frame of reference for scale, the pic of the floorpan section cutout could just as easily be the front crossmember jack plate.
It spans from the rearmost point of the stock shifter location to the portion of the floor that steps up for the rear seat.

·
Registered
2000 OBSTi
500 Posts
It spans from the rearmost point of the stock shifter location to the portion of the floor that steps up for the rear seat.
Oh, yeah. I was just joking that a giant piece of metal on the ground looks just like a little one. The actual hole it left is huge.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,384
Oh, yeah. I was just joking that a giant piece of metal on the ground looks just like a little one. The actual hole it left is huge.
Ohh haha, sorry the joke was lost thru text.

Fought with the seat bases today. Broke my only spot weld bit, so I resorted to a normal 3/8" bit. Uncovered a bit of rust, but there's not a whole lot of floor left to rust.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,386
I didn't like how the tunnel was going to look with it ending at the shifter hole, and I wanted to tie the transmission mount, frame rails, driveshaft loop, and the tunnel into the cage.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,388
No update on the car because I'm on school break for the week, but the case of my hubs has been resolved. FedEx denied all 3 claims, even after providing suffcient evidence that the box was packed correctly and the load rating of the box exceeded the weight of the items by over 20 pounds. All of this and they still wouldn't refund a mere $200 for hubs. That's the last time I'll be doing business through them. The seller was gracious enough to issue me a full refund for the parts.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,391

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,393
how you make roller without hubs? :_sure:
I have the hubs/knuckles. The wheel bearing is garbage on the passenger side and the backing plates wont allow me to bolt up calipers. They make good mockup/rollers though.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,778 Posts
So you got reimbursed fully by the seller for the knuckles because of some bent backing plates and you kept them?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,395
So you got reimbursed fully by the seller for the knuckles because of some bent backing plates and you kept them?
Yep, destroyed backing plates, wheel bearing destroyed, and the studs are all beat up at the tips. The only usable thing I got were the knuckles for mock up.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,397
With all that, sounds like they tossed the package off a building.
They might as well have. Fed Ex swears up and down the box was handled with utmost care. They clearly didn't, because the seller sent me pictures of the box/items prior to shipping.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,398
Spent the day tacking in the top base plates and bending the main hoop. Really happy with how it came out, having never done one before.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,400 (Edited)
Notching the a pillar tube was a chore. The tube is angled on three different axis's so it took a mix of the angle grinder and my notcher to get the right fit. In going to browse YouTube to see if I can find more techniques for notching these wierder angles.

1381 - 1400 of 2411 Posts