Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1241 - 1260 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,241
^^Sedans are my favorite.

My sprint car heim joints from Speedway motors showed up today. Knuckles and hubs should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,777 Posts
What intake are you planning on running? Going to keep it cable driven or swapping to DBW?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,243
What intake are you planning on running? Going to keep it cable driven or swapping to DBW?
Plan is to run a holley hi ram or something similar to it. The ls platforms seem to respond well to long runner intakes when boosted.

As long as the standalone I end up getting supports it, I want to use the LSX DBW swap pedal assembly. It's plug and play with most LSX harnesses.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,244
Hubs and knuckles arrived......completely destroyed. Both backing plates bent to the point of not allowing a caliper to bolt up. Condition of the box upon arrival:

Fed ex won't work with the buyer. Shipper is working with me to file a claim, and hopefully fed ex resolves this.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,246
People that enjoy the use of rear brakes.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,247
Differential is nice and snug. Got my subframe laid out in my head. Going to raise the lateral links above stock to correct geometry.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,777 Posts
sti brakes bolt to flimsy ass backing plates? wtf?

is the rest of the hub ok? just ditch the backing plates and make a new caliper mount... (?)

not to be pessimistic, good luck with fedex
Calipers mount to the cast knuckle. Only portion of the backing plate that is needed is what's behind the parking brake stuff.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,251
sti brakes bolt to flimsy ass backing plates? wtf?

is the rest of the hub ok? just ditch the backing plates and make a new caliper mount... (?)

not to be pessimistic, good luck with fedex
Backing plates are being ditched so I can run dual rear calipers. I want a hydro for lock up, and if I ever want to enjoy a clubloose event or two.

One of the wheel bearings was destroyed in shipping leaving the hub with almost a 1/4 inch of play. Overall it's not a ton of damage but I paid for good quality hubs/knuckles and when they arrived, that wasn't the case.

Claim has been filed with FedEx and the shipper purchased the insurance when he shipped them. Hopefully FedEx is willing to compensate.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,252
Before class got the remaining subframe down tubes cut and tacked

Drilled for bolts

And the front tube of the rear subframe bent up.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
i dont like how you have that cinder block Ted. The way the jack stand is on it is in its weakest position. They thing could pop and fall pretty hard. It should be sitting like it would be in a wall, put a 2x10 or something between it and the stand

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,257
i dont like how you have that cinder block Ted. The way the jack stand is on it is in its weakest position. They thing could pop and fall pretty hard. It should be sitting like it would be in a wall, put a 2x10 or something between it and the stand
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to snag some 2x10s and flip those around.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,260 (Edited)
Got the front snout mount tacked into place. This is pre-bracing and just to locate the mount. I'll be adding reinforcements after the rest of the subframe is tacked into place

Also got the crossbars that the lateral links will be mounted to started

1241 - 1260 of 2411 Posts