Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1081 - 1100 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,082
Well encountered my first group of hate. Posted my car on one the local pages and got insta flamed for not talking about evos?? The car isn't even cool yet and already purists are getting antsy.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,084
you can always have a 400hp forester and then have everyone ask you why you just dont buy an sti and like stage 2 accessport it bro.

gotta love the mechanically scurded people
Most of the time its "why didn't you just buy a trans am/camaro"... Sorry I enjoy being outside the box. And American cars suck, except for mustangs.. :hide:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,087
They were completely alright with the random 2j/Lexus is300 but as soon as a "gray area" Subaru gets posted they all lose there ****. Like I said they're all mad I'm going to make more than 400whp for $10k hahaha.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,088
So I decided to build a jig for my saw so I can cut my mounting tubes the same way consistently. 1 down 7 more to go

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,095
That's how the other two kits were done in the same gauge steel. I don't see why it wouldn't hold?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,097
The cars are all aluminum ls1s..I doubt a 89 pound difference will be that detrimental.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,098 (Edited)
So my harbor freight bender ended up not being up to snuff on bending my new tubing. Sold it yesterday after it kinked two tubes and ordered a woodward fab bender and die.

1081 - 1100 of 2411 Posts