Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

881 - 900 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #881
Everything but the heads are left on the block. Have to wait until tomorrow to get ahold of an impact gun for the cam pulleys.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #882 (Edited)
Rod bearing number 2 was the culprit to all the noise. Everything else is being parted. I'll have a thread up once I clean everything off in the dorm shower Lol.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #884
I'm guessing the oil pick up cracked and sucked air instead of oil.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #887 (Edited)
Harness is out and hopefully sold. Got a rough quote on all my swap parts just waiting on a full parts list.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #888 (Edited)
So I got fined for having a short block under my dorm bed which is unfortunate. I forgot to post up two videos I had when the car was still running.

Me running a big turbo dart. He's the camera car.

And some parking lot fun. There wasn't nearly enough snow but still a good time.

·
Registered
99 Impreza Outback Sport
163 Posts
just read through your entire thread because im possibly doing a wrx swap in my obs once spring rolls around. gave me a good idea of what ill have to do or watch out for when if i do the swap

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #892
Wow I'm glad you got through the b.s into the swap Lol. Yeah I ran into a few problems and would definitely do major maintenance BEFORE swapping.

·
Registered
99 Impreza Outback Sport
163 Posts
Wow I'm glad you got through the b.s into the swap Lol. Yeah I ran into a few problems and would definitely do major maintenance BEFORE swapping.
i have a lead on a long block for $250 cause the heads are pretty much junk so before i put it in my car i was going to do the timing belt and all new gaskets. im gonna do as much as i can to the motor maintenance wise as i can before it goes in so that way i hopefully wont have to rip it out again too soon afterwards.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #894
Good Idea.. I made the mistake of not re-gasketing and had to rip it out 1000 miles later.

·
Registered
99 Impreza Outback Sport
163 Posts
Good Idea.. I made the mistake of not re-gasketing and had to rip it out 1000 miles later.
i figured it would be a good thing to do and after reading your thread that certainly convinced me to do it.

im interested to see your new motor that you are doing.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #896
I'll post up the new motor when it arrives.. Just waiting on my parts to sell and hopefully I'm going to pick up a TIG here soon as well.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #897 (Edited)
After dealing with multiple threats from campus "police" I had to move my car off campus. Apparently a non running car takes up a spot someone with a running car needs, because I don't pay to park to. AAA came and picked it up and brought it to my new "garage". I lifted the car two inches to get on the flat bed and still scraped the **** out of the rear bumper.

Its a single car 10x20 storage unit but has plenty of room to work.

I'm shopping around for a decent TIG but I'll most likely end up getting the Eastwood one because its within the budget. Also I found out that one of my roommates was the one who called me in for having parts in the dorms.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,204 Posts
:(

1) ffff da "police"
2) ffff da roommate snitch
3) ffff da flatbed

Hope everything goes smoothly Teddy, this should be like the new beginning of your build.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #899
Yeah this is the new beginning of the car. So far I'm just collecting parts and planning everything out so I only have to do things once.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #900
Pulled the nasty 15 year old carpet and seats after class today.

881 - 900 of 2411 Posts