Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

861 - 880 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
Turns out the side skirt is from an evo 8/9 but It splits in two so I'll be able to mount it up.

In class I started to stick metal together. This was 11 gauge mild steel with 3/32 EWG tungsten and 3/32 filler.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #864
Haha I don't have a garage at the moment this all done in my welding class.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #867
The welding class is worth every penny. I've picked it up much quicker than I ever thought I would. The best advice my teacher has given me was don't weld like you drive lol.

As of right now my car is 800 miles away because I'm home for a short Thanksgiving break. I'll get a test fit shot Monday or Tuesday of next week when I go back.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #868 (Edited)
Pulled my catback off so that I can plate all the worn areas on it. There's no holes yet, but there's pronounced flat spots that are going to get some 11 gauge strip.

Also open downpipe is much nicer.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #869
Most of the people that follow this thing are friends with me on Facebook but for those that aren't, second gear decided not to corporate last night.

Its entirely my fault. I launched the car multiple times and didn't shift easy but I'm not overly concerned at this point.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #871 (Edited)
So far 2015 has been eventful. After a long hunt for a Subaru daily I settled and bought a 99 Ford ranger 4x4. It was my dad's winter beater for a year and he wanted to get rid of it so I gave him the cash to pay off the loan on it. I didn't bring it to Ohio with me because it needed to be inspected in March when I come home next so I was planning to bring the RS home them and make the switcheroo.

Fast forward to today to the most important part of my 2015. I lent my GF the RS so she could make it to a funeral while I wired her new sound system in. I got a call from her saying the oil pressure dropped and the car shut off. I called a buddy with a trailer and we trailered the poor thing back to my dorm. Im about half way done pulling the engine but freezing rain cut me off early.

Upon initial inspection I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Hopefully once I rip into the engine I'll have a better idea of what went down.

Edit: lack/loss of oil wasn't a cause. I checked it last night after playing in the snow and it was full and normal. There wasn't any on the ground this morning either.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #878
Seems to be a common theme for engines that have been in my car.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #880
Happens, not much I can do now.. I'm waiting on a quote for the new engine as we speak.

861 - 880 of 2411 Posts