Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

701 - 720 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #701
Motors finally going in!.....For those that don't know me personally that is my dad in the picture... he wanted credit for helping lol uploadfromtaptalk1395878585135.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
Pat you can take credit too.. 24hr tech support really helps

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #704
So the motor is in and the majority of everything is hooked up. I deleted A/C and also got rid of the purge valve on the intake. Most of the harness I stripped and rerouted so it looks a lot cleaner and a lot is hidden under the intercooler and intake box. Tomorrow I plan to fire it up and run break in oil through it to get all the junk out. uploadfromtaptalk1396125655107.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1396125671323.jpg

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #706
He thought my car would never run again and thought I was dumb to swap a perfectly running car Lol.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #708
Mine wants my car out so he can have my bay for his mustang lol

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #709
6 hours of work today was spent buttoning up the little things. Spent a solid hour fighting with the intercooler but other than that everything went smoothly.

I got 5 quarts of break in oil and filter then 5 quarts of rotella and a Honda s2000 filter which is considerably larger. uploadfromtaptalk1396221066311.jpg

Once the fluids were topped off I turned the key.............nothing no power anywhere. I hunted around and figured that I should tighten up the battery cables. Once tightened it roared to life without even a hesitation. The idle jumped for a few seconds then settled down and it purred like an angry kitten. I noticed a small leak and it was the upper radiator hose. The clamp had loosened.

I burped her and called it tonight. Tomorrow I'll finish up the gauge wiring and put the interior back together.

uploadfromtaptalk1396221430879.jpg

More to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
Thanks! Its been a long road.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #712
Finished the gauges up today and drove it around the block. So far no leaks and it pulls like a freight train. Boost comes on insanely quick. Next up is an oil change and a solid cleaning. uploadfromtaptalk1396306941404.jpg

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #713
Got a free oil change today and I took it for its first shakedown. Boosts great and coolant temps stayed in check. She desperately needs a wash.

uploadfromtaptalk1396394145332.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1396394164593.jpg

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
643 Posts
Congrats, have you stopped grinning like the cheshire cat yet?

If that overpowering red needle glow on the gauges finally gets to you at some point, you can "fix" it. I have a set of those gauges and I couldn't stand the red, so I used a small flat screwdriver to peel the crimped edge off from the back (yes it scratches it all up, but you can't see that when it is installed), carefully pulled the needled off the spindle. If you look down the tube, you'll see two little red led lights. I melted a little black wax (from a wax pencil) on a toothpick and placed a drop on each led effectively cutting 90+% of their light. The needles glow only slightly red, and on the blue setting, they match my dash with blue leds.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #716
The gauges lights can actually be turned off. Pat Jackie wouldn't be pleased with that post

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #720
Have you been drinking?

701 - 720 of 2411 Posts