Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

681 - 700 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Got the cam pulleys off with a big pipe lol. The engine is stripped to a bare shortblock just no pics of it. I've got to clean it first. The cylinders look good and still have cross hatching.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
Full gasket kit and turbo inlet ordered. The stock one imploded lol.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #689
Manifold is all blasted and the casting marks are going next then off to paint.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
Gimmick turbo inlet arrived today.

I noticed that my pistons had "HB" written on them. Is this normal for stock pistons?

I also made progress on the Intake.

More to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #698 (Edited)
So an updates been long over due. I completely disassembled the engine and found that one of the head gaskets was seeping into the cylinders. It wasn't seeping a whole lot which would explain why I could drive it for a bit without seeing anything burning off. At the machine shop my heads had to be machined .005 in order to be straight and true again.

Once my heads were back I threw in the new head gaskets and sealed up the oil pan again. I also painted my valve covers and intake with high heat ceramic since they were pretty beat up. The majority of the motor is buttoned up except for the up pipe. I have to drive to the dealership tomorrow to get up and downpipe gaskets because none of the parts stores stock them. Once the up pipe is on the motor can go in. This time around it should be a little quicker considering I had a massive boost leak before.

Also I update instagram quite a bit so follow me @teddy_2000rs for regular updates also.

uploadfromtaptalk1395604855397.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1395604895131.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1395604913270.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1395604929062.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #700
This summer it should be popping up more when the money starts coming in.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

681 - 700 of 2411 Posts