Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

581 - 600 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
This post is because teddy does not know how to use the search button and instead texts me with all his questions, so this is me spoon feeding teddy the answer to his question on how to wire the FPC.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f128/110583-fuel-pump-controller-wiring-help-3.html

Done
I sent you two more texts but you didn't answer :unamused:

The lack of updates have been due to the fact that I've been trying to acquire parts that I need. A nice package from pat showed up today. My exhaust and downpipe should be here Thursday.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Started the process of wiring in my FPC.

Put on my clutch and flywheel.

And this is how my interior looks at the moment.

More to come when Pat returns my texts.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #588
good progress, keep it up! almost there :)
Thanks!

Todays activity was wiring in the wrx fuel pump. After some help from Pat and some research on my own I think I have it figured out. If anyone has done the wiring could you please chime in and correct any mistakes I might of made in the wiring.

First I ran the two ECU wires through the plastic trim between the doors using a long brazing rod.

Next attached the two wires and tucked them nicely under the carpet kick panel thingy.

Then I cut the fuel pump plug and merged the black/orange wire to the positive side of the fuel pump. The black/white wire is merged to the negative side of the fuel pump.

Then the black/yellow wire is merged to the positive side of the fuel pump relay. The black ground wire from the controller is then merged to the negative side of the fuel pump harness.

In this process I removed this plug to make way for the necessary wires. Please correct me if I'm wrong in removing it.

More to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
I told teddy im going to charge him 1.00 for every question and 2.00 if it was a question that could be answered by Rs25. From quickly going through our texts, owes me about 50-70.00

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
I told teddy im going to charge him 1.00 for every question and 2.00 if it was a question that could be answered by Rs25. From quickly going through our texts, owes me about 50-70.00
Lies!!! :yapyap:

Today I started by repining my obd II plug that way I can get a reflash. Then I tucked the harness behind the A/C box and "mounted" the WRX ECU. It doesn't fit very well so its pretty rigged in there.

I replaced the throwout bearing in preparation for the motor, which will hopefully be going in tomorrow.

This bad girl came in the mail today. 3" catless down pipe with ceramic coating I think?? My 3" cat back should be in tomorrow.

More to come tomorrow.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
You know less and less shops are saying okay to passing castles right? State started cracking down on inspection stations hard core end of last year.

So is the OBD2 repinning as I've read? Just invert all the pins?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #595
I should be able to get inspected as long as i don't throw any codes..

The repinning is actually really simple. You just have to move the #5 wire to the #8 slot.

·
Registered
05 Evo 8 SSL & 99 GC Coupe
1,257 Posts
This bad girl came in the mail today. 3" catless down pipe with ceramic coating I think?? My 3" cat back should be in tomorrow.

More to come tomorrow.
What does the Mouth look like? And if you don't mind me asking, What was the Damage for that thing?

Sent From My Nexus 7
Peep The RA Build RS25 Journal or Type-RA Journal

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #599
so teddy....whats going on here?
Your 251 is being sold in about 2 hours.

As for my car, its sorta running. I'm having timing issues. The timing belt is a tooth off so it won't run right. I also ran into vacuum issues but all of those are taken care of.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #600 (Edited)
What does the Mouth look like? And if you don't mind me asking, What was the Damage for that thing?

Sent From My Nexus 7
Peep The RA Build RS25 Journal or Type-RA Journal
The mouth is completely open. I think that's bellmouth. I paid a whole $72 for it.

581 - 600 of 2411 Posts