Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Is that the 2.5l? what kind of exhaust do you have on her? I'm looking for one for my 99 rs
Yeah it's a 2.5l. As for exhaust its a WRX cat back with a can and the headers are aftermarket equal lengths.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Update :(

So not a good update. Yesterday I rear-ended someone. There car came out with minor blue scratches mine came out like this......

After after 4 hours of work it looks like this.....

So i'm now looking for a bunch of parts so feel free to PM if you have any. I also have a WTB thread. I guess i'll have a fresh new front end when i'm done.

·
Registered
1999 OBS 2.2l
641 Posts
Shit man, I was getting into the journal and then got to that last bit, bummer. Could you salvage anything from the front end? Lights? Bumper? Fogs? +1 for NH also, I feel like there's not too many of us here.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Shit man, I was getting into the journal and then got to that last bit, bummer. Could you salvage anything from the front end? Lights? Bumper? Fogs? +1 for NH also, I feel like there's not too many of us here.
The front bumper and below is salvageable.. I've already started putting her back together. Just need lights and driver's side fender and some paint later on and it will be good to go.:banana:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks man. Its nice to my dad as help. Probably wouldn't be this far along without him. Sometimes he really surprised me with his outlandish car fixing ideas.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Got my radiator and fans in(thanks Jonny O) and now it runs and i can finally move it around. I hope to have it roadworthy by Monday but most likely won't until later on in the week. My garage isn't heated so I got to work in -28*! :crazy:

·
Registered
2001 Coupe
1,256 Posts
thanks Jonny O
You are more than welcome sir. Glad it worked out and it's back on the road. Lets see some pictures.

I was 80/20 on the rad having a leak man, hence throwing it in for free. Just make sure to carry a gallon of mix with you until it proves itself so I don't feel like an ass.

Keep up the good work man.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks for the heads up..... I'll get pictures up later on today....

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Well It's back on the road. Now a little more scratched up and with some silver flavor. Just need a grill and some paint and it will look good as new. I just finished up my custom wooden roof basket in class and will install in sometime this week. As of ten minutes ago it looks like this:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
No real updates as of now. I have been getting really good at drifting my car into its parking spot. :burnout:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
More time spent working on this thing. Finally put on my silver bumper because mine looked like it was mauled by a bear.

(Yes my cell phone picture taking skills suck)

Also on my muffler all of the packing was blown out on "accident" so i'm officially straight piped. :devil: It sounds a whole lot better than a normal can.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Didn't work on her today. I did go to Wal-Mart to pick up some cheap homage mud flaps since mine are destroyed. I will post pics when in Finnished with the flaps. All I'm giving away now is that they will be red and most likely support rs 25 in some way.

41 - 60 of 2411 Posts