Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

561 - 580 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #567 (Edited)
So over the weekend I received my timing belt and clutch. The idlers on the 205 were pretty worn out so its a good thing I changed it. Overall it was a pretty easy install except trying to line up all four cams at the same time. Sadly I didn't take pictures because I just wanted it done and over with.

Monday I received my fuel pump and got right to installing it. First I removed the old one. Fitting the pump up through the access panel was a PITA.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

I also kept the crank pulley off and removed the reservoir cover to be sand blasted.

The new 255 and filter.

The old pump and harness

And the new pump all buttoned up. It was a pretty tight fit between the pump and the line. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue before. As far as I can tell it shouldn't affect performance.

More to come later.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
Today I began the process of notching my crossmember for upipe clearance. I used an air cut off wheel and this guide as reference. http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t131016-diy-notched-cross-member.html

I also tested to see if my clutch disk was the right one.

As of now I just have to weld in my notch then I'm just waiting on my harness to be finished up. (Paging Mr. Iarrobino)

More to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
So I set the motor in today to see if the notch was big enough. Turns out I need to cut it deeper and wider. My harness is all finished and my ecu is getting reflashed to stage 2 Monday. I'll be able to pick it all up sometime this week.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #571 (Edited)
So they say third Times the charm right? Wrong! This long weekend I've had my motor in and out a total of five times! All that work just to make sure the notch was big enough. Obviously it wasn't big enough the for first Times. Good news it fits and now I can weld up the gaping hole in my crossmember.

Also my ecu is hopefully getting reflashed tomorrow. Once that's done I can pick up my harness and start the final leg. On a side note I'm ditching the pink in favor of something a little more classy that doesn't stick out as much.

More to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
1999 OBS 2.2l
641 Posts
hmmmm.....let me guess......ummmm........gold? that sucks you had to pull it 5 times, don't you have to finish it by the end of the month?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #573
hmmmm.....let me guess......ummmm........gold? that sucks you had to pull it 5 times, don't you have to finish it by the end of the month?
Nope to overused. And I want to finish by the end of the month. Right now it's going to be pretty close.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
So I picked up my harness yesterday. A very big thanks to Pat for merging it up. If anyone needs a merge done but cant afford the professionals go see him. I'm not sure if he plans to do anymore though. More of a photo dump today because im just plugging things in which is way harder than it seems.

Also I'm ordering a catback and downpipe. Once that's hear all I need is a 04 wrx MAF sensor, 04 wrx o2 sensor, and a 2000 rs heater tube. If anyone has these PM me asap.

More to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
1999 OBS 2.2l
641 Posts
still waiting to hear back if I got the hospital job, HR said she's still waiting to hear back. I gotta get that and sell all my **** first.....and the more I read this build....the more I wanna go turbo...but well see.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #579
still waiting to hear back if I got the hospital job, HR said she's still waiting to hear back. I gotta get that and sell all my **** first.....and the more I read this build....the more I wanna go turbo...but well see.
Do you a have boost control solenoid laying around?

561 - 580 of 2411 Posts