Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 280 of 2411 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #261 (Edited)
Rear bumper/beam off. Don't think i can start sandblasting until tomorrow because of the rain. :(

·
Registered
1999 OBS 2.2l
641 Posts
you gotta get some jdm tails, hit up Zoku-Speed on fbook or suberstar 2.5 on NASIOC (same guy), he's a good guy, it's who I got my jdm tails from.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
you gotta get some jdm tails, hit up Zoku-Speed on fbook or suberstar 2.5 on NASIOC (same guy), he's a good guy, it's who I got my jdm tails from.
Pshhhh who needs em. Not really a functional way to spend my money.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #267 (Edited)
Uncovered the passenger side quarter rust. Not that bad. I though it would be a lot worse. Couldn't cut any of it out today because my dad left the cut off wheel at work.

Also finally got a "traffic entering" sign so i can use it for my custom skid plate. Didn't get any pics of that yet.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #271 (Edited)
Today was a very productive day. I got a lot of cutting done. Learned that its not fun cutting into your own car lol.

As promised a pic of whats going to be my skidplate

The donor fender

Test fit

All cut out

The inner fender is a little rusty but nothing that i'm really worried about. Cant do any welding until friday so tomorrow will probably be grinding and fitting and i might start sanding other parts of the car.

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
While that rusty shits exposed under there why dont you just buy a can of that stuff that turns rust into a paintable surface and shoot some under there? Wouldnt hurt.. It stops the rust from getting worse..

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Its all fun and games till your male nurse puts the latex glove on and says drop your pants.... but your going in for a headache. Ha!

·
Registered
1999 OBS 2.2l
641 Posts
While that rusty shits exposed under there why dont you just buy a can of that stuff that turns rust into a paintable surface and shoot some under there? Wouldnt hurt.. It stops the rust from getting worse..
So envious of your weather down there. Do any of the southern cars really rust? It's been in the 40's/low 50's here which has been warm weather for us.

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Some do by the coast line... But where im at, no zero rust. The weather is great during this time, I could see how you feel that way. Its right around 75 everyday and sunny around this time of year. But trust me, you dont want to be here during the summer when its 105 degrees and like 80% humidity and you can barely breath its so hot. Your sweating balls when you walk from your house to your car.

261 - 280 of 2411 Posts