Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
2001, Outback Sport
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I have 2001 OBS, and im thinking of ditching the roof rack in favor of the clean look, anyone know where i can get trim pieces to take up the space of the roof rack rails ? thanks

· The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
10,862 Posts

· Premium Member
2001, Outback Sport
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rail delet trim?

thanks for the 411, however, I cant seem to find the info for this trim piece on the site you gave. but you say i can get this from any Subie dealer?

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
I took the part numbers (left side is 91046FE010 and right side is 91046FE000) for the roof mouldings to my local dealer and got them for $68.00 each with no shipping cost. I checked with www.subaruparts.com and they were charging a few bucks less per part but were going to charge me $35 each to ship them to me. that is a quote from kastle on scoobymods.com

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
I haven't used these yet. i just took the part numbers from the the thread with the directions. In the directions they could have used a newer model gd car for the install so those part numbers could possibly be wrong sorry for the mix up. I'll see if i can find them on the other site.

· Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
16,492 Posts
The part numbers for the "mouldings"(that what's on the invoice) are:
91012FA020
91012FA030

I picked mine up today but found out that you will also need the clips that hold them down to the little pins that stick up in the center of the channels. You can re-use the ones on the front section of trim that goes down the side of the windshield but you will need a total of 12 more to do the whole job to the rear of the roof..
They list 2 part numbers for the clips.
The rear part number is:
91017FA030
They call for 8 on each side, should be about a buck a piece.
The front clip, which I think are the 4 on each side next to the windshield are:
91017FA010
I'm ordering 12 of the first number and I'll post again if they are the right ones to finish the job.
from here
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14029

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
i bought the whole complete kit of the dealer for $202 (got receipt to prove) they are still wrapped and sitting in my garage...it has all the stuff that you need to remove the roof rack and go with the clean look...it'll include right & left roof molding (part # 91012FA020,91012FA030) and also 12 clips (91017FA030)
thats a quote from a nasioc ad for a gf4 roof rack delete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.