Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Did an oil change the other day and noticed that the drivers side head is starting to leak quite a bit, time for HG, Timing belt, and water pump. I will have time this summer to take care of all of this.

·
Registered
Y2K GM6 & 65 'Stang Fastback
816 Posts
Did an oil change the other day and noticed that the drivers side head is starting to leak quite a bit, time for HG, Timing belt, and water pump. I will have time this summer to take care of all of this.
:eek:rly: Finally happened huh? Let me know if you need help!

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)

I took off the Whiteline outrigger bushings and subframe lockdown bolts, I didn't like all the noise for very little gain and its nice not having to raise my voice with passengers.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe
470 Posts
Sometimes it's tricky keeping that balance between a "fun" car and a "functional" car. Everyone does a mod at some point that doesn't make the car as functional as it was. Whether they actually reverse the work or just live with it is usually 50/50.

I was going back through your thread and noticed the original seats looked like they were Leather. Were those factory Leather seats? I've only seen one other leather RS from the factory.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Sometimes it's tricky keeping that balance between a "fun" car and a "functional" car. Everyone does a mod at some point that doesn't make the car as functional as it was. Whether they actually reverse the work or just live with it is usually 50/50.

I was going back through your thread and noticed the original seats looked like they were Leather. Were those factory Leather seats? I've only seen one other leather RS from the factory.
Actually most RS I see are leather, but mine did come factory leather seats + Leather doorcard inserts and the original window sticker confirms it.

Honestly some good tires and a good strut/Spring or coilover combo and I think I would be having plenty of fun for awhile, I'm certainly not power hungry.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)

Wow it's been a good bit since I've updated!

Anticipating snowboard season I have started doing some overdue maintenance.
I'm going for max mileage now so I switched my plugs to NGK BKR6E-11 V-Power and I did away with the oil catch can.

My rim setup is too big for chains and my tires are probably not gonna cut it when things get slippery so I need to find a low cost solution before the snow starts falling.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)

Not much to report these days but I did take my care to Goreman OHV area and also a trip to Vegas, still running stronger than ever!

I did also order a new fog lamp to replace the broken one, we will see how good the replacement is.

121 - 140 of 295 Posts