Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)

Since my OEM radiator had a huge crack I Just installed the Koyo R2218

the radiator itself fit perfectly with the AC condenser but the fans are the problem so I just ghetto rigged a fan until I get some slim fans

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)

since I put in the Megan mounts I thought I was hearing more vibration from them but it turns out my Ebay Borla reps are hitting my 20 mm sway making a vibration noise LAME!

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)

Got some parts from Subaru Genuine Parts
*Forester Cabin Air Filter Kit
*Trunk Light
*Carbon Fiber 5 Speed Shift Pattern
*SPT Battery Hold Down
*SPT Oil Cap

Replaced the clutch and brake fluid with Motul RBF 600

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)

Found a Impreza outback at the junkyard so I was able to get my Evaporator cor and expansion valve to get my ac working also scored an accordion shift boot for $4.00

Button blanks too

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)

Haven't been on for awhile,

The noise my trans was making turned out to be my rear input shaft bearing so the week of 4th of July I dropped the trans and a buddy replaced all the bearings.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)

A local shop did my clutch when i first bought the car at 118,000, charged me $500 for an "OEM clutch kit" and were supposed resurface the flywheel. When we pulled everything apart it was very apparent that they did not resurface the flywheel and neglected the clutch fork since there was no grease and it was dirty, the throwout bearing was on its way out as well.

be careful guys

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)

Went to the junkyard today looking for Legacy rear brakes (sadly none were found) but I did make an interesting discovery that Impreza L's and outbacks had this sound deadening behind and under the rear seats and they work perfectly with the RS, yay for cheap OEM upgrades

81 - 100 of 295 Posts